Talk

Advanced search

life is shit sometimes

(10 Posts)
monkeysox Sun 02-Mar-14 18:45:10

My two year old just said "I miss my gama " my poor mum passed away almost eleven months ago.

So unfair and shit my poor baby couldn't even talk when we lost mum but she still feels the loss now.

Life is so hard sometimes and feels very unfair

Piffyonarock Sun 02-Mar-14 18:48:13

Bless her. Sorry for your loss. It is amazing how much children remember even from being pre-verbal.

Abouttime Sun 02-Mar-14 18:48:21

Agreed.

My DD is 2.9 & her grandma (my mil) died suddenly in January. She asks for her all the time. She doesn't understand the finality of it & she doesn't have another grandma.

Worst thing is that she will actually forget her sad

mymiraclebubba Sun 02-Mar-14 18:50:02

Aww hun that must be so hard!!

No wise words I am afraid but have a hug and a hand to. Hold

Guitargirl Sun 02-Mar-14 18:56:17

Aww, bless her. That is sad. My Mum always made a point of telling me when I was little how much her uncle, who she was very close to but who died before I was born, would have loved me if he had lived. It made me sad but also happy that she had someone who loved her that much. That's a bit much for your daughter now of course as she's so little but something to explore with her when she's older maybe.

ShabbyChic8 Sun 02-Mar-14 18:58:35

sad I'm sorry for your loss OP. I hope you have some lovely photos for your DC to look back at in the future.

Crowler Sun 02-Mar-14 19:00:02

That must have really knocked you in the teeth. So sorry to hear that.

legoplayingmumsunite Sun 02-Mar-14 19:10:13

It's over 3 years since Dad died and my DC (4&6) still say this. I think as little kids they take a long time to explore grief because as they get older they understand more. TBH I know they don't remember Dad but my sister (who was a baby when our Grandmother died) says she knows she was loved by her even though she has no memory of her. It's a hard thing to manage. My kids have said to Mum regularly 'You miss Grandad don't you' which is hard to deal with, how do you explain that yes, she does miss Grandad but you don't talk about grief but it's OK to talk about the person. We talk about Dad regularly and make sure they hear lots of stories about him and when they do things like him I always tell them it reminds me of Grandad. But sometimes I think that all they know about him is that he's dead and that's horrible to think as well, he was a wonderful father and would have been their best, most fun grandparent.

scottishmummy Sun 02-Mar-14 19:16:20

Yes,unfortunately life is unfair,and it can be disproportionately hard

monkeysox Sun 02-Mar-14 19:52:37

I lost my dad ten years ago so at least mum got to meet them. My ds is 4 and always talks about granny but today it felt especially hard as my dd was so tiny when we lost mum . Thanks for replies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now