Talk

Advanced search

AIBU To myself if I turn down this work?

(5 Posts)
annaomar Sun 02-Mar-14 12:35:50

In the evening, after my day job I have a small business teaching maths to small children. Up to now I have always kept Monday evening free - it's my errand night, my big housework night. I've now agreed to meet a mum tomorrow (Mon). Her child has ADHD and AS so it will be energy zapping for me. I'd like to turn it down but it seems so foolish to turn down business. Your views welcome.

Nomama Sun 02-Mar-14 12:52:02

Work life balance - make sure you keep it.

That's it, really!

SantanaLopez Sun 02-Mar-14 12:54:46

Do you need the extra money?

Hoppinggreen Sun 02-Mar-14 12:58:24

If you don't really need the money then don't do it

WooWooOwl Sun 02-Mar-14 13:10:32

Doing a meeting on a Monday night shouldn't automatically mean that you are obliged to make that the night that you do the tutoring. I'd have the meeting but then specify that you are unable to make that your regular meeting day.

I think it would be rude to turn down the meeting now that you have agreed to it, and not good for the future of your business.

Also, AS doesn't always make children 'energy zapping'. Lots of children with the condition are actually very easy to teach, and many of them have above average intelligence. ADHD might make it harder, as might AS, but please don't assume that it is automatically going to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now