Talk

Advanced search

Dirty neighbours

(6 Posts)
Abitlikechicken Sun 02-Mar-14 06:50:19

About 3 weeks ago we had an afternoon and evening of very strong winds, it made the news, trees fell etc. Two or three families left their wheelie-bins out on the street during the storms and the rubbish spread all up the street: nappy wipes (which haven't bio degraded at all) and used nappies mostly, it's disgusting. Three weeks on, only one family has cleaned up their front garden and a small patch of unclaimed land on our street is also littered. Aibu to feel a bit outraged about this and resent the fact it's going to be me who cleans up the common areas and waste land (don't worry I'm not going into people's gardens and earning a rep as the local nutter!) to make our lovely street nice again. Can't believe no-one cares...

BMW6 Sun 02-Mar-14 06:59:30

YANBU. A couple of families in my street are guilty of this too - no pride I guess. angry

Mumof3xx Sun 02-Mar-14 07:01:42

Can you not contact the council?

tripecity Sun 02-Mar-14 07:25:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Abitlikechicken Sun 02-Mar-14 07:25:44

Contacted council via online form but they've yet to act.

wowfudge Sun 02-Mar-14 08:01:44

I'd ring the council, tell them when you reported the problem online and that there has been no response and see what they say before doing it myself unless it's only a small amount.

Some people are disgusting and do not take any responsibility themselves.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now