Talk

Advanced search

To want to be paid on time...

(6 Posts)
NannyK7H Sat 01-Mar-14 17:57:56

But not want to chase it up if it's not in my account on payday? I hate asking for money but I can't afford to work for free!

SometimesLonely Sat 01-Mar-14 19:36:22

You must be entitled to it if you've worked for the month. Why not ask for it now that it's past pay day? In a week's time ask why it wasn't paid in on time. Make sure you know the date in the month when it's due to be paid though.

chinam Sat 01-Mar-14 20:09:42

YANBU, this is the reason I left my last (much loved) job. Hope you get your money soon.

jusdepamplemousse Sun 02-Mar-14 12:24:27

Definitely not unreasonable. I used to regularly be paid late and it's awful. Can get people into real diffs with rent / bills / mortgage etc.

I think it's disrespectful of the staff tbh.

really1234 Sun 02-Mar-14 12:34:23

YANBU.

Different as I am not employed by someone else but I have a client who is 3 weeks late in paying me at the moment. It is really awkward, I have already chased once. I am not desperate for the money but it would be very handy as it's a tight month. I am sure he's just forgotten but I wish I didn't have to chase him again.

Very annoying.

OneEpisode Sun 02-Mar-14 14:35:42

Just ask. They might not have realised there was an error & be mortified.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now