Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to eat all the best sweets (lighthearted)

(28 Posts)
drnoitall Sat 01-Mar-14 15:00:49

I only like the pink and yellow round sweets from liquorice all sorts , so ate them all. The dh and dc can have the rest to it seems fair.

Flossyfloof Sat 01-Mar-14 15:03:06

Eating the best sweets is never U. Leaving any for anyone else is, however. So YA/NBU. You are also VVVU for eating liquorice allsorts at all. Hth.

drnoitall Sat 01-Mar-14 15:10:33

Thanks flossy .. What's Hth?

JonSnowsPout Sat 01-Mar-14 15:12:05

I eat the good ones then dole out the rest to the kids

Sweets are a privilege and if they whinge i would share at all grin

JonSnowsPout Sat 01-Mar-14 15:12:40

*would not

KurriKurri Sat 01-Mar-14 16:06:23

I try not to, but I do because I can't stop myself. So with liquorice allsorts I would eat one of the tubes of liquorice filled with white stuff (my favourite), then I'd eat another one of those, then I'd feel guilty and eat one of the brown ones that no one likes to make up for my selfishness. grin

Nancy66 Sat 01-Mar-14 16:15:41

At Christmas I go through the Quality Street and fish out all the toffees before presenting tin to rest of the family.

EverythingsDozy Sat 01-Mar-14 16:37:35

I don't like the black centre of those sweets so I just eat round it grin but then, since my nanna died, I do not eat licorice allsorts!
But no, if you like them, it is definitely not unreasonable!!! Anyone else should be happy that they're getting any at all!!!
Hth - hope this helps!!

crazykat Sat 01-Mar-14 16:49:10

I take all the strawberry chocolates out of the roses/quality streets at Christmas, DH doesn't like them and the DCs will eat anything chocolate, they've been my favourites since I was little.

We don't have sweets for sharing for this reason. I we all have our own as I ended up with the crap sweets or none when I wanted some as the DCs had eaten them all (strawberry ones at Christmas excepted).

I miss the fruit allsorts, I only like the outside of the round liquorice allsorts coz I can't stand liquorice but like coconut.

HermioneWeasley Sat 01-Mar-14 16:51:45

9 posts in and it's still lighthearted. That must be a record.

OwlinaTree Sat 01-Mar-14 17:02:29

I annoy DH by eating the chocs i like from the bottom layer while he diligently finishes the top layer off. His face when he removes the top layer is priceless. If i feel really cunning i swap the chocolates so its not immediately obvious till he starts looking for the one he wants and its not there.

mwah ha ha grin

wonderingsoul Sat 01-Mar-14 17:05:20

the only rule i have is at christmas that they leave the strawberry ones alone... they can have the rest grin

mouse26 Sat 01-Mar-14 17:15:41

I reward myself for being the only person who cooks or does the food shop in my house by having a secret stash. Last Week I had peanut butter cups and haribo in there, this Week I have Ben & Jerrys ice cream and orange chocolate biscuits smile

YABU to let them have access to your stash grin

drnoitall Sat 01-Mar-14 19:23:08

Mouse, they always find my stash eventually or dh will ask and I just can't lie to him.

Really surprised about strawberry creams, I would chuck them out, lucky dc like them.

Good tip owlina I must remember that. Hope I get some chocs soon to see their faces!

Thanks for replies :-)

Passmethecrisps Sat 01-Mar-14 19:25:51

Allsorts are devil's poop. Actual true fact.

However, sifting through quality street and removing for safe keeping all the purple ones is obviously just my social responsibility

Cakeismymaster Sat 01-Mar-14 19:34:51

Liquorice is filth, so uabvu. Do you remember the fruity all sorts, liquorice all sorts without liquorice? They were nice

CombineBananaFister Sat 01-Mar-14 19:42:20

we would make good sharers drnoital because I don't like the round coconutty ones and prefer the liquorice roll or orange sandwich ones - ones mans pleasure, another mans pain and all that grin. So ywnbu in my house only maybe yours

my mum used to take all the strawberry and orange creams out of big tins bar a few and sellotape it back up, leaving my dad to ponder why there wasn't many of the good ones put in any more while she scoffed her secret stash hmm poor bugger

mouse26 Sat 01-Mar-14 19:54:55

I'm shocked by those of you that actually like the orange and strawberry creams hmm we always have those left in the tin at Christmas and usually chuck them away

Passmethecrisps Sat 01-Mar-14 19:58:23

They are alright. They get eaten because they were made therefore deserve to be eaten. They are not, however, delicious.

whatareyoueventalkingabout Sat 01-Mar-14 19:59:25

Mouse send them to me. They are my favourites

JackNoneReacher Sat 01-Mar-14 20:06:25

I leave all the coffee quality streets until last because no one else likes them and I love them (thereby reserving my faves).

My colleague loves the spotty/dotty round allsorts which I hate so I keep them for her. One mans poison... (or whatever that saying is)

Yanbu.

JackNoneReacher Sat 01-Mar-14 20:07:57

And by the way cake liquorice is medicinal I'll have you know wink actually good for you...

BellaVita Sat 01-Mar-14 20:09:32

Hth - hope that helps

SanityClause Sat 01-Mar-14 20:27:35

I'll bite.

What you are doing is tantamount to abuse. I am surprised the neighrbours have not called SS about you.

SecretRed Sat 01-Mar-14 20:38:36

Nope yanbu. I in the last five minutes have sneakily taken the pink and blue round ones from a bag of liquorice all sorts before bringing them in to the dc's. I paid so I get dibs is the rules!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now