Talk

Advanced search

To think Judge Judy gets it wrong sometimes

(52 Posts)
exmrs Sat 01-Mar-14 14:50:58

As above , I like watching judge Judy but get annoyed sometimes when she says things like 'it's your fault for not getting married before having children'
'Is there any reason why you're not married but been together for 10 years?'
'Im smarter than you'

LouiseSmith Sat 01-Mar-14 14:54:12

I personally like her and agree with most things she says. Although, some of it I don't understand as i know little about American law x

drnoitall Sat 01-Mar-14 14:57:53

I love Judge Judy especially when she says...
"Don't talk to each other, talk to me!"
I use this when my dc are bickering.
I'm sure she must get it wrong occasionally but it's entertaining anyway so YABU, she is paid to be right! (:-)

Aeroflotgirl Sat 01-Mar-14 15:02:45

Baloney I don't believe you!!!!!

WeShouldOpenABar Sat 01-Mar-14 15:03:07

Don't worry she's not actually working as a judge just an adjudicator.
Her opinion is only valid because both parties agree to it beforehand and both actual receive a payment for participating.

drnoitall Sat 01-Mar-14 15:04:03

Ohh,, "we should" really???
I honestly did not know that, what a disappointment!

Flossyfloof Sat 01-Mar-14 15:04:47

It always makes me laugh when they can't help digging at each other and she dismisses their case. I don't think I have ever seen a case where she hasn't been smarter than the participants. Not that hard, mostly.

CoffeeTea103 Sat 01-Mar-14 15:05:50

I actually agree with her on most things.

Teeb Sat 01-Mar-14 15:19:44

From a legal stand point what she's saying is right, marriage is the simplest way of protecting yourself in a lot of cases.

ISeeYouShiverWithAntici Sat 01-Mar-14 15:28:13

I think she's wrong when she says things like 'if it doesn't make sense, it's not true' because people don't always make sense and can do the most outrageous things without being psychotic!

YoureBeingASillyBilly Sat 01-Mar-14 15:32:35

I agree. I love her and agree with most of what she says but i have found myself wincing at times when i cant tell that she doesnt actually understand what is being said and so makes a snap judgement just to get rid of it.

Dont know if anyone saw the case on earlier today where a woman had recorded demo songs with two producers and they wouldnt give her the master format. JJ clearly had no clue how to work out who was in the wrong as she didnt understand the terms.

Disappointed to find out its all pre- agreed.

YoureBeingASillyBilly Sat 01-Mar-14 15:33:07

can tell. Not cant.

JonSnowKnowsNothing Sat 01-Mar-14 15:37:38

I LOVE her! Far too much of my weekend time is spent watching Judge Judy...
"I wouldn't give you custody of a GUPPY!"

I8toys Sat 01-Mar-14 15:41:00

I adore her - look into my eyes - not around my eyes but in my eyes. Stop playing with your papers. Burt - fetch the blue book.

I watch it too much.

DawnOfTheDee Sat 01-Mar-14 15:43:38

I like the bloke who announces the cases but i can't decide if his name is 'Burt' or 'Bird'... confused

DawnOfTheDee Sat 01-Mar-14 15:44:56

My dh thinks Judge Judy is 'the female Al Pacino'. I can kind of see what he means. Kind of.

JonSnowKnowsNothing Sat 01-Mar-14 15:45:10

Oh it's Bird. Petri Hawkins-Bird I think his name is. (Yes, I'm sad, fuck off!) She knew him before she got her own show, he wrote to her offering to be her "clerk" or whatever his role is called and she picked him.
I wish I was cooler.

YoureBeingASillyBilly Sat 01-Mar-14 15:45:47

It's byrd i think. Its comes up on the credits at the end. Peti hawkins-byrd. outs self as JJ addict

ISeeYouShiverWithAntici Sat 01-Mar-14 15:46:06

It's his surname, byrd I think he is

YoureBeingASillyBilly Sat 01-Mar-14 15:46:07

Whoops! Xpost.

ISeeYouShiverWithAntici Sat 01-Mar-14 15:46:29

oops. me too grin

YoureBeingASillyBilly Sat 01-Mar-14 15:47:04

I meant petri. grin

JonSnowKnowsNothing Sat 01-Mar-14 15:47:40

Haha, I'm among fellow saddos...

YoureBeingASillyBilly Sat 01-Mar-14 15:47:47

Another one here who loses too much weekend to JJ. i also record it

I8toys Sat 01-Mar-14 15:49:22

I record it - yes guilty pleasure. I need to see those early 90's American hairstyles.

Is it true that the people who sit in the back are actors?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now