Talk

Advanced search

To lie in bed til 8.30am on Saturday?

(42 Posts)
superstarheartbreaker Sat 01-Mar-14 10:06:06

During the week I get up at 6.30am. I have had a week from hell. I co sleep with dd who is 5 . This is not entirely welcome. On Saturday mornings she wakes up at about 6.30 and chatters and whines away. She winged that she is bored and wants to get up.

Aibu to lie in bed til 8.30 and ignore the winging? Today I was exhausted. I would put her in her own room but I'm too tired to get up!

Of course on weekdays I can barely wake her up!

NoArmaniNoPunani Sat 01-Mar-14 10:07:10

YANBU, it's gone 10 and I'm still in bed

pussycatdoll Sat 01-Mar-14 10:08:30

I taught mine to turn on the tv at 4 blush

superstarheartbreaker Sat 01-Mar-14 10:08:35

I'm so jealous!!!

Supercosy Sat 01-Mar-14 10:09:59

Of course YANBU. Why don't you let her put the telly on for an hour or so. We let Dd do this from about 4.

MomOfTwoGirls2 Sat 01-Mar-14 10:10:53

Teach her to put on tv and get a drink and snack for herself. 8:30 isn't considered a lie in in our house !!

Artandco Sat 01-Mar-14 10:11:01

Nope it's gone 10 here and we are all still in bed. Ds1 (4) is asleep still, ds2 (2) woke an hour ago and is looking at where's wally in our bed. Dh is reading, I'm mn

ditavonteesed Sat 01-Mar-14 10:12:01

agree this is what the tv is for, use it

formerbabe Sat 01-Mar-14 10:13:36

I refuse to get up any earlier than 7.30. Today I stayed in bed till 9. The kids put on the TV when they get up and amuse themselves for a bit. I am amazed how many parents I know who get up when their kids do...

smegheeeeeed Sat 01-Mar-14 10:13:39

if you can ignore the whinging then go for it, they are old enough at 5 to be able to entertain themselves for an hour before dragging you out of bed. make sure she has book or toys to play with , dare i say it tablet or tv, after all it is the weekend. smile

TheScience Sat 01-Mar-14 10:13:51

3.5 year old DS isn't allowed to disturb us until 7am. On the weekend I get him some toast and milk and then go back to bed while he plays or watches cartoons grin He and DP went downstairs about 9.30am but I am staying put!

icanmakeyouicecream Sat 01-Mar-14 10:15:45

If you can, do!

BasicFish Sat 01-Mar-14 10:15:49

Definitely NBU! We're usually up at 6am, but Sat and Sun they come and snuggle with me for an hour or so then I set up their CD player in their bedroom and they listen to audiobooks for a while, while I doze in bed. It's lovely!

pyjamaramadrama Sat 01-Mar-14 10:18:04

I second the TV, leave her a drink and a snack.

You could even bring your duvet downstairs and sleep on the sofa.

perfectstorm Sat 01-Mar-14 10:18:22

NBU at all. Agree with the others - this is what God created CBeebies for. I get up to give breakfast at 7.30 - 8, then straight back to bed, thank you!

itstheyearzero Sat 01-Mar-14 10:20:21

Oh I would so love to let DS get up on his own while I stayed in bed. But we have a dog and even though he has never shown any sign of aggression I feel like I can't risk them being alone together. Sob...

Sometimes I get up before 11 on a Saturday. Only occasionally though.

wonkylegs Sat 01-Mar-14 10:24:15

Yup another one that let's 5yo get up and what tv whilst I wake up properly.
DS usually wakes up at 6 but has to stay in his room until 6.30 (he has a clock) , he can read or play when in his room, after 6.30 he can go downstairs and watch TV & play in the family room which he does by himself.
On week days we then have breakfast at 7, on weekends is more like 8.30.

Bettercallsaul1 Sat 01-Mar-14 10:24:54

Well, I'm just up this minute, so you definitely don't seem unreasonable to me! Part of the point of the weekend is to recharge your batteries for the following week. (Sadly, children's batteries are always fully charged!)

mrsjay Sat 01-Mar-14 10:30:18

I would let her get up at 6 30 and stay in bed I never got up at 6 30 with mine at 5 that is the middle of the night grin yanbu

Stinklebell Sat 01-Mar-14 10:33:37

YANBU

Mine get up at the crack of dawn at the weekend (having spent all week being dragged out of bed at 7:30 for school) so they go down and watch crap telly until I drag my arse out of bed a couple of hours later.

6:30am doesn't exist on a weekend

ToootSweet Sat 01-Mar-14 11:00:17

I usually get up with ds but this morning he woke at 7 (in my bed) and i was shattered, so he had a choice of playing in his room or watching tv downstairs. He watched tv till 10 am!
I rarely do this but having read the posts on here might do it more often.
I always feel a bit guilty and neglectful, not anymore grin

superstarheartbreaker Sat 01-Mar-14 13:17:53

She doesn't like going downstairs on her own. She doesn't like going to the loo on her own. scared of monsters. :-( I have made a rod somewhere along the line!

nennypops Sat 01-Mar-14 13:20:40

Get her a tablet or something so that she can entertain herself. Preferably one with earphones.

Why do you co-sleep with her anyway?

ExcuseTypos Sat 01-Mar-14 13:20:49

What about setting things up for her in her room- a DVD player maybe, so she can play and watch a DVD until a more reasonable hour.

I'd also have a drink and banana ready for her, up stairs so she doesn't say she's hungry, first thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now