Talk

Advanced search

invite to goddaughters birthday party?

(16 Posts)
Feebeela Fri 28-Feb-14 19:59:27

Hello mumnetters,

This is pissing me off. Its 8pm friday night and best friend has not given me details of my gd 5th birthday tomorrow. I have recently adopted so she knows its important to me but radio silence. My son is 3 and very well behaved. The kids get on very well so I'm baffled and hurt by radio silence. AIBU?

Sirzy Fri 28-Feb-14 20:02:04

Is he invited or are you just assuming he will be?

Perhaps its just for her school friends or something?

betman Fri 28-Feb-14 20:07:25

If he has been invited then just text and ask, if you haven't heard anything then let it go, it may just be for school friends/ family.

Hulababy Fri 28-Feb-14 20:16:39

Maybe she's just having a party for school friends the same age?

I have rarely invited dd's godparents to her birthday parties even though she gets on well with their children. It's just that often her parties are just for her school/best friends an having younger children wouldn't work so well.

LumpySpacePrincessOhMyGlob Fri 28-Feb-14 20:18:38

My dd's 5th birthday party was just school friends. Could you not just ask?

firesidechat Fri 28-Feb-14 20:20:56

Is she even having a birthday celebration for family and friends? We certainly didn't have one for every birthday. I think you may possibly be assuming a lot here

macdoodle Fri 28-Feb-14 20:22:06

My dd2 would have been mortified to have a "younger family member" at her birthday party this year or last. It was just the girls in her class. She is 6. YABU.

SwishAndFlick Fri 28-Feb-14 21:32:25

Yabu. We are having a party for dd and hadn't even though about asking her god parents to it. It's for her friends and as much as her gp's adore her they wouldn't appreciate 2 hours at a soft play party.

SwishAndFlick Fri 28-Feb-14 21:34:04

And do you really think your 3 yo would enjoy a party that started at 8pm?

SwishAndFlick Fri 28-Feb-14 21:34:46

Oops should have read properly sorry

littlewhitebag Fri 28-Feb-14 21:52:36

Maybe your GD is not having a party. Perhaps they are doing something as a family. Why would you assume they would involve you anyway? At age 5 i did not invite my DD's godparents to their parties.

Groovee Fri 28-Feb-14 21:55:12

She may only be inviting school friends. Dh's SIL took a huff when I only invited school friends. Apparently certain people should always be invited.

GertyD Sat 01-Mar-14 13:18:42

Are children's birthday parties the new 'wedding' in regards to offending people? wink
If you have contacted her, and she is blanking you then she IBU. Courtesy costs nothing. Even to tell you you are not invited.

FredFredGeorge Sat 01-Mar-14 14:16:55

If you're this annoyed at not being invited to a party, I suspect they're regretting choosing a child as a godmother. Grow up!

MomOfTwoGirls2 Sat 01-Mar-14 15:56:58

Classmates, sister, Mom and Dad only at our DDs parties. No grannies, aunties, cousins, Godparents, etc.

rookiemater Sat 01-Mar-14 16:04:24

She may be having a class party, a girls own gathering or no party at all. Of course you are keen for your DS to be integrated, but that includes not being invited where it's not appropriate.

We had DS's 5th birthday party at a soft play and it's a really full on age. Most of the parents left, but some DCs were at the cusp of that being appropriate or not, so I had to keep an eye out for toilet visits, upset children etc. etc., I would not have wanted a much younger child there to have to keep an eye on.

My advice is to wrap up a present for your god daughter and give it to her with good intentions. There will be plenty of birthday parties for your DS to attend in the future, congratulations on the adoption btw.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now