Talk

Advanced search

Regarding pre-wedding ceremony music?

(12 Posts)
PoirotsMoustache Fri 28-Feb-14 15:03:42

DP and I are getting married this summer. Small register office wedding. We want to provide our own music to be played whilst everyone is waiting for the ceremony to start. We have agreed to choose 2-3 songs each, and will choose the walking down the aisle music together.

DP is into a very particular type of dance music, which I'm not overly keen on, although obviously I don't have any issue with him playing it as quietly as possible in another room whenever he wants. One of the tracks he wants is this kind of music. It's basically someone singing one line over and over again, with a fairly fast beat coming in behind the singing after about 5 repetitions of the phrase.

We both very much like the tracks I have chosen, as they are meaningful to us. This particular song is meaningful to him, but I don't like it much at all, and it's a completely different genre to the other songs. I think it will sound a bit odd/out of place, but that could just be me.

WIBU to ask him not to choose that particular track/style of music for before the ceremony, and to save it for the pub/drinks afterwards? Or should I just 'suck it up' as it were, as he really loves the song?

I am aware that it isn't really important in the grand scheme of things! grin

EduCated Fri 28-Feb-14 15:05:31

I think we need to know the song to judge grin

whattoWHO Fri 28-Feb-14 15:10:47

We're having similar discussions.
I'm trying to take the view that the music is 'him' and in all probability it would make me smile if I heard it.

whattoWHO Fri 28-Feb-14 15:11:09

But do tell us what it is!

WorraLiberty Fri 28-Feb-14 15:14:41

To be honest when waiting for the ceremony to start, most people are busy saying hello to each other and talking amongst themselves.

It's quite likely they won't notice or remember the pre wedding tunes.

PoirotsMoustache Fri 28-Feb-14 15:15:47

Fair enough! Ok, its a happy hardcore tune; 'Heart of Gold' by Force And Styles.

PoirotsMoustache Fri 28-Feb-14 15:17:26

The other songs are more ballads.

Worra, I agree with you, but I think this track will actually cause people to stop and listen, as it's so different and unusual for a wedding.

PoirotsMoustache Fri 28-Feb-14 15:18:18

whattoWHO That is a good view to take actually. And, you've just made me think, I'll not be hearing it anyway as I'll be outside whilst it's being played!

HadABadDay2014 Fri 28-Feb-14 15:20:16

Love that song.

Perhaps have it first, then get softer from there.

Ragwort Fri 28-Feb-14 15:24:01

Do you actually have music in Register Offices - I didn't at my 2 weddings grin and don't recall hearing any at any other Register Office weddings I have been to. confused

MoominIsWaitingToMeetHerMiniMe Fri 28-Feb-14 15:29:46

My cousin definitely had music at her register office wedding.

PoirotsMoustache Fri 28-Feb-14 15:57:27

HadABadDay That's a really good idea, I shall suggest doing that, thank you.

Ragwort Ours definitely offers music. They have a selection you can choose from, or you can provide your own, as long as it's not religious in any way. I imagine you can opt for no music if you prefer. I don't know if music is an option everywhere or just at some Register Offices.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: