Talk

Advanced search

about the new meningitus b vaccine.

(4 Posts)
arethereanyleftatall Thu 27-Feb-14 21:33:39

Not an aibu at all, but this is the only forum I'm ever on or know about.
Anyway, does anyone have any thoughts on this new vaccine, bexsero?

arethereanyleftatall Thu 27-Feb-14 21:59:37

Anyone? Got my girls booked in for their jabs tomorrow, as I am petrified of the illness, but the vaccine hasn't been tested on that many people yet, so I'm nervous...

Susyb30 Thu 27-Feb-14 22:27:04

Hi I don't really know much about the vaccine, is it a new one just out? What I would say is don't be worried. .they wouldn't give it to children if they had no idea of risks. I contracted bacterial meningitis last October and it was so frightening not just for me but my family and son. My ds was only 4 at the time and I"ll never forget the look on his little face when my condition was getting worse and my dh phoned for an ambulance. I could have died. .all I could think about was what if my son had contracted it too..he hadn't, my dh and ds got antibiotics too and thankfully all is well. I still have memory loss and when im tired get bad headaches, but im alive and here to be a mummy again. Think positive with regards to the jabs tomorrow. Its a horrible illness and life threatening. You never know who will contract it. So remember that when your girls get them tomorrow. Good luck.

arethereanyleftatall Thu 27-Feb-14 22:37:54

Thank you susy b. Much appreciated. Yup, it's new, passed as safe by European court, but not bought for national release by our government as it's not 'cost effective'. I'm glad you're better now . thank you for posting. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now