Talk

Advanced search

Oh do fuck off alpha 'parent'

(14 Posts)
LucyBabs Thu 27-Feb-14 12:42:13

I made the mistake of liking the alpha parent website on fb.

Complete and utter shite. If he or she is not condemning women for working outside the home she (convinced she's a he actually) is spouting rubbish about formula being full of fecking arsenic.

I have unliked the page after leaving a couple of comments.

The page links to the daily fail with their latest bf research
Says it all really!

I can't understand people like this surely it is easier to support each other as parents not nit pick and put people down for the choices they make. If we feel we have good parenting advice can it not be given in a constructive way.

Sick of these bloody know it all antagonists!

AnnabelleLee Thu 27-Feb-14 12:42:42

and your aibu is?

ElleMcFearsome Thu 27-Feb-14 12:43:50

I would guess it's something like: AIBU to tell alpha parent to fuck off? Answer: YANBU grin

mummymeister Thu 27-Feb-14 12:44:27

so why click on it in the first place?

kungfupannda Thu 27-Feb-14 12:46:18

Isn't that the one that's a pisstake?

Mamagiraffe Thu 27-Feb-14 12:46:19

The page is linking to the fail fail to pour scorn on the latest anti-bf article from poo rag. At least if you're going to sound off look at what you're sounding off about confused

And I'm not even a fan!

PetiteRaleuse Thu 27-Feb-14 12:46:30

She's deliberately provocative and attention seeking. Ignore.

Mamagiraffe Thu 27-Feb-14 12:47:12

daily fail stupid autocorrect

LucyBabs Thu 27-Feb-14 12:47:16

Oops yes thank you elle

WIBU to tell alpha parent to jump off the nearest cliff?

mummymeister my cousin linked it and I had a quick read and liked the page months ago. I've only recently been reading the shite that's on the page

ISeeYouShiverWithAntici Thu 27-Feb-14 12:47:20

Who?

ElleMcFearsome Thu 27-Feb-14 12:47:36

To answer the isn't it easier to support each other as parents question: yes of course it is in an ideal world. In this world, some insecure people tend to validate their choices by putting people who don't make the same choices down and criticising them. Human nature, innit?

LucyBabs Thu 27-Feb-14 12:49:06

Yes mamagiraffe I did read it. It was dismissing breastfeeding saying ffs was just as good. Typical daily fail.

myrubberduck Thu 27-Feb-14 13:56:40

For a real shock experience have a look at her website. I made the mistake of poking around the forum bit and found threads with posters who generally agreed that;

mothers on benefits should be forced to breastfeed;
formula should be prescription only for mothers with a 'genuine' medical reason for not bf;
second time mothers should not be given the option of a hospital birth.

Its a vile cesspit of misogyny and its so sad that it seems to be mainly women who post these things. Many of the posts on her FB page seem to be either by people who are cut from the same cloth as the above posters or people who are trying to argue with them. ( bit pointless IME- its like trying to argue with a racist)

I do not understand why anyone would 'like' her fb page at all to be honest

Chipandspuds Thu 27-Feb-14 13:59:23

It's really wierd, I think it's supposed to be a piss take but everyone commenting seems to think it is real..? I don't like it myself!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now