Talk

Advanced search

aibu? really worried but not sure if over doing it

(9 Posts)
mattsmadmum Thu 27-Feb-14 09:42:35

I need advice. Have a friend who is victim of dv.don't know her dh other than to say hello to.yesterday she turned up at my office but I had left early and missed her by 5mins. She looked awful according to work mate. An hour later I saw her at the school but only for small talk as not private and one of my DC was I'll so,was distracted. I texted her to check she was OK but got no reply. Left voice mail this,am but its so unlike her as always has her phone in her hand. Where I work is v dual,and she would have had to walk from nearest bus over 5miles. Thinking back to school run yesterday she really did look bad, now I am worried sick about her and her dcs.they are two towns away in ahomeless shelter,after her dh didn't pay rent. Am I over doing it? Something is telling me,all not,OK. Should I try to Google the shelter and drive up there on my lunch break? Just don't know what to think or do to help

wishingchair Thu 27-Feb-14 09:44:41

She walked 5 miles to get to your office without calling first? Could she just have been in the area? Can you phone the shelter?

Burren Thu 27-Feb-14 09:46:22

It doesn't sound to me as if you are overreacting. Keep phoning her, and go to the shelter if you can't contact her.

SooticaTheWitchesCat Thu 27-Feb-14 09:48:55

If she walked 5 miles to see you I think she really needs to talk. Go and see her or phone the shelter, I am sure she will be thankful for it.

Suicidal5833 Thu 27-Feb-14 09:49:09

I think you should go to the shelter.

ikeaismylocal Thu 27-Feb-14 09:49:22

Your not overreacting. Does her partner live with her in the shelter?

mattsmadmum Thu 27-Feb-14 09:52:05

Just trying to find hostel on Google.dh at shelter to. Won't leave e it until I know she and dcs are OK.

ikeaismylocal Thu 27-Feb-14 10:02:02

Good luck, I hope it's nothing but definitely best to check it out.

PerpendicularVince Thu 27-Feb-14 10:11:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now