Talk

Advanced search

Pregnancy hormones are making it hard to tell!

(5 Posts)
BabyHaribo Wed 26-Feb-14 20:19:02

I'm 5 months pregnant and ill with a fluey coldy bug. As is DS 2.1 we've both had high temperatures and very little sleep as he's asthmatic and coughs a lot. Last night I managed 4 hours. It's also really hard to get DS to take his inhalers on your own as you have to pin him down. Today he's also had an allergic reaction possible to some prescribed medicine.

DH works away during the week but was coming home tonight due to an appointment tomorrow. I asked him to come home early to help with tea/bed if possible as I feel so crap.

He's just strolled in and can't understand why I'm cross. He had things to do at work. I just wish me and DS were more import bang sometimes and I could get some support.

AIBU?

Finola1step Wed 26-Feb-14 20:26:08

YANBU. Go to bed with a Lemsip or similar. Tell DH that he is on night shift tonight. Let him deal with it. You will feel better in the morning after a decent night.

Finola1step Wed 26-Feb-14 20:27:35

Oh and don't get into a discussion. You need to rest to talk it out right now. Rest, water and lots of sleep.

WorraLiberty Wed 26-Feb-14 20:29:55

If the things he had to do at work were important and had to be done today, then YABU I'm afraid.

If not then YANBU.

Feel better soon thanks

AlpacaLypse Wed 26-Feb-14 20:35:41

yanbu to feel shitty, but yabu to be cross with dh - it's not like he's been out on the lash with the lads or anything like that. Is he going to do the night-shift, or at least some of it, so you can crash out for a few hours? Hope you feel better soon, and DS too.

When you're feeling better enough, let's think about DS's possible reaction to prescribed medicine. But not tonight. Tonight is for sleeping.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now