Talk

Advanced search

To think he should change the sheets

(6 Posts)
violet123 Wed 26-Feb-14 07:45:08

I don't live with my boyfriend but stay over regularly. He has a ten year old daughter who stays with him once or twice a month. He lives in a one bedroomed flat so she sleeps in the double bed with him. Obviously he changes the sheets before she arrives, but if I stay over afterwards he thinks it's completely unnecessary to change them again before I sleep there. AIBU or would anyone else feel a bit weird about this?

snoggle Wed 26-Feb-14 07:52:10

I probably wouldn't be too worried about the sheets, but would want a clean pillowcase (other people's drool...). However when his DD gets a bit older I think he needs a new plan. She will start to sweat properly as an adolescent and I wouldn't want those sheets. Also I can't imagine she will remain happy to share a bed with him for too much longer.

natwebb79 Wed 26-Feb-14 07:53:13

Erm, you want him to change the sheets (which have already recently been changed) because his daughter has slept one night in there?? Unless she has had an accident of some sort I really don't see why he should. In my opinion YABU.

natwebb79 Wed 26-Feb-14 07:54:08

I agree with snoggle that after the age of 10 she will really want her own privacy and space any way.

DoJo Wed 26-Feb-14 09:23:06

I wouldn't feel weird about it - children are very different from adults in terms of bodily secretions and fresh sheets before she stays should be enough (although I agree that I might want a drool free pillowcase).

ahlahktuhflomp Wed 26-Feb-14 09:32:18

YABU and a tiny bit princessy. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now