Talk

Advanced search

To not understand why I can't seem to do the simplest of things right now?

(17 Posts)
Suicidal5833 Wed 26-Feb-14 06:05:13

I have bipolar one and borderline I am In the middle of a particulate bad episode. My mum has taken over the dc care during the day and dh has taken over during the evening.

I don't cry but I seem to have no energy for anything other than thinking or playing on my phone. Last night dh had to bath me as I haven't bothered in two weeks doctor says I'm dehydrated from not drinking enough.

Why can't I just get up and clean and play with my kids or take care myself. I don't understand why when I'm depressed it's like I'm shutting down should mention I'm known for catAtonia and doctor says this is where my brain is trying to go.

But I don't understand I can write on here how I'm feeling. So why can I still type but am unable to do anything else.

Suicidal5833 Wed 26-Feb-14 06:15:13

Some days are better than others I should add but some days I can't even speak so my family sometimes have to text me to talk to me I don't understand why I am able to do things on my phone though.

Suicidal5833 Wed 26-Feb-14 06:24:44

I keep thinking in my head just get up and do it but I just can't then some days very rarely mind I'm a bit better and I am able to meet one or two very close friends who know about my condition yet even on a good day I can't clean. I can play with my dc for a short space of time on a good day.

LastingLight Wed 26-Feb-14 06:38:19

You are very ill, and what you describe are symptoms of that illness. There will be good days and bad days, don't worry about why. What is happening in terms of treatment?

Suicidal5833 Wed 26-Feb-14 06:41:05

I am on medication and have had therapy and am on the waiting list for more therapy.

LastingLight Wed 26-Feb-14 06:45:02

Is a gp prescribing your meds, or are you under the care of a psychiatrist? Did they change your meds when this episode started?

Suicidal5833 Wed 26-Feb-14 06:48:28

I am under the care of a pychiatrist he won't change my meds even though I've asked because I don't feel they are working but I'm not able to articulate in person very well why I think I need my meds changed and as my pychiatrist prefers to see me alone I can't take someone in. He added a new med a few months ago and recently upped one of my existing meds. But refuses to change my anti pychotic which is the med I feel is not working.

Suicidal5833 Wed 26-Feb-14 06:49:37

As I have been I'll since I was changed to it from olanzapine because of extreme weight gain.

sydlexic Wed 26-Feb-14 06:55:12

Try to get rehydrated, it seems a small thing but makes a massive difference.

LastingLight Wed 26-Feb-14 06:56:42

When are you seeing him again? Copy and past some of the stuff you've been telling us on here and give it to him to read. That will be easier than explaining verbally.

Suicidal5833 Wed 26-Feb-14 07:01:13

Thank you I'm trying to drink more but I just keep forgetting unless a drink is placed in front of me. I saw him last week I'm seeing him again in a month copy and pasting sounds good.

LastingLight Wed 26-Feb-14 07:33:54

Can you put a jug of water and a glass next to you as a remind to drink? I agree with sydlexic, you will already feel better if you are properly hydrated. Or put reminders on your phone that you must drink.

Suicidal5833 Wed 26-Feb-14 07:50:30

Thank you keeping a jug of water to hand sounds good.

Suicidal5833 Wed 26-Feb-14 20:55:47

Just thought I'd say dh has placed bottles of my faveorite (sp can't think straight) around the house in the areas I sit or lie In to help keep me hydrated.

Suicidal5833 Wed 26-Feb-14 20:56:25

Should say drink but I missed it out.

LastingLight Thu 27-Feb-14 06:50:18

Your DH sounds lovely. Look after yourself, hopefully you will feel a bit better soon.

Suicidal5833 Thu 27-Feb-14 08:14:07

Thanks lasting light dh is wonderful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now