Talk

Advanced search

To be just a little pissed of with dd

(15 Posts)
moldingsunbeams Tue 25-Feb-14 17:19:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Gremlingirl Tue 25-Feb-14 17:24:23

I don't think you should take an extra five children to a theme park. You'll have a horrible time and you will hate it, especially as you're already dreading it.
Can you turn the invite for the others into a birthday tea or cinema trip? Then at least they're not completely uninvited!

bunnybing Tue 25-Feb-14 17:26:07

My dd did this when she was a bit younger - 8 I think. Basically she got carried away and invited a few extra children. I told her no - they weren't invited, mainly as I didn't think they were close friends of hers and that we were sticking to the original choice. Maybe I'm mean!
Could you uninvite the extra ones and have them round to tea instead?

gamerchick Tue 25-Feb-14 17:28:25

Tell her that if she's invited more kids then you won't be able to do the theme park and organise something else. She may sort it out herself.

moldingsunbeams Tue 25-Feb-14 17:40:51

MrsTerryPratchett Tue 25-Feb-14 17:49:51

She hasn't been bullied into it, has she?

squeakytoy Tue 25-Feb-14 17:50:40

You are the adult. Tell her no she can't make this decision and you cannot afford it.

DustyBaubles Tue 25-Feb-14 17:54:13

Letting them come will not make them her friends, rather the opposite - they will see her as an easy touch.

It's possible they are taking what your DD says at face value, and won't have any idea you were unaware, but the best thing would be to say no.

If they want to meet up locally, for lunch, or the cinema, that would indicate an interest in being with your DD, rather than wanting a free ride to the theme park.

DustyBaubles Tue 25-Feb-14 17:55:15

Anyway, seven 11 year olds at the theme park with one adult will be grim.

TheGreatHunt Tue 25-Feb-14 17:56:12

She's only young and has sen. So yabu a bit.

Chottie Tue 25-Feb-14 17:58:06

Please say no. It will be really difficult keeping track of 7 11 year olds on your own. It is DDs special treat for her and one friend, which sounds a lovely idea.

moldingsunbeams Tue 25-Feb-14 18:00:36

marmitecat Tue 25-Feb-14 18:01:59

If she's isolated socially it'll be much worse if you say yes to a gang of popular girls who may choose to ignore your dd all day.

fuzzpig Tue 25-Feb-14 18:04:46

What marmite said sad

moldingsunbeams Tue 25-Feb-14 18:09:28

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now