Talk

Advanced search

Dogs wee

(35 Posts)
ILiveInAPineappleCoveredInSnow Mon 24-Feb-14 13:21:22

Is it UR of me to let my dog (toy breed) wee on a piece of public land at the end of my street. It's basically a huge mud area (will hopefully be turfed when they finish building the estate) with a few saplings growing there, not directly outside anyone's house, and it's open and public use land.

(N.B. I ALWAYS pick up dog poo and and permanently have a pocket full of bags for this)

LaurieFairyCake Mon 24-Feb-14 13:22:34

Of course it's not unreasonable confused

A lot of animals will pee there.

Aeroflotgirl Mon 24-Feb-14 13:25:19

Yanbu at all it's just wee, if it's poo you scoop it up and throw it away.

backwardpossom Mon 24-Feb-14 13:26:02

Erm, why would that be unreasonable?!

ILiveInAPineappleCoveredInSnow Mon 24-Feb-14 13:26:25

Only asking because this morning a man came out of his house, down his drive and crossed the road and walked up to where I was to shout at me for letting the dog wee there!
I didn't think I was BU, but am prepared to be told actually it's not acceptable if that is the case.
I don't have issues with dogs even weeing on the grass directly in front of my house that is not part of my garden but I don't let her do that as I didn't want to annoy anyone - ironically!!!

ILiveInAPineappleCoveredInSnow Mon 24-Feb-14 13:26:59

She did a poo on the road at the front of my house - I already had that in a bag in my hand!

ILiveInAPineappleCoveredInSnow Mon 24-Feb-14 13:28:11

(She is 11.5 yrs old so can't go on huge walks, there is not really anywhere else to walk to as I live in a cul de sac so it's that walk or no walk for her)

backwardpossom Mon 24-Feb-14 13:28:42

FFS, where would said man rather your dog pee?

Tulip26 Mon 24-Feb-14 13:32:54

My dog tries to pee on cars and gets told off and dragged away. That would be unreasonable, not a patch of grass. How would he have known if it had been two minutes later?

ILiveInAPineappleCoveredInSnow Mon 24-Feb-14 13:33:22

Anywhere except within view of his house I gather.
I started to justify myself then told him I actually wasn't willing to have a conversation about it with him - he then started shouting about me to the builders who were nearby (who ignored him)

Tiptops Mon 24-Feb-14 13:39:09

Of course it's not unreasonable. An interfering twunt doesn't change that, ignore him.

ILiveInAPineappleCoveredInSnow Mon 24-Feb-14 13:43:04

It's not even grass yet, just mud! I wonder if he thinks his grand kids will play there or if he's annoyed by his neighbours (also toy breed!) dogs barking so needs to shout at someone else with small dogs to vent!

I need some kind of witty retort for the next time he comes out!

Glad the consensus is ianbu - I did wonder if my view might be clouded by the cuteness of my old girl and her waggy tail!

Stinklebell Mon 24-Feb-14 13:45:46

Did he maybe think your dog was pooing rather than seeing and thought you'd walked off without clearing up?

Only, I got shouted at once after my dog weed (he doesn't cock his leg) as the woman thought he'd pooed and I'd not picked it up

Otherwise, bizarre confused

ILiveInAPineappleCoveredInSnow Mon 24-Feb-14 13:48:25

She was still weeing as he as shouting at me and I had a (full) poo bag in my hand. I also said she was only having a wee, so it's not that. He was just a moron I think!

MintyChops Mon 24-Feb-14 13:51:41

He sounds like he has too much time on his hands. I would just say " Don't be ridiculous, it''s a pee." Repeat if necessary.

Coffeethrowtrampbitch Mon 24-Feb-14 13:52:35

Well you have a bag full of poo. Run at him screaming and waving it threateningly and he will never dare speak to the crazy poo lady again grin

ILiveInAPineappleCoveredInSnow Mon 24-Feb-14 13:53:25

I think he's retired as they seem to be in ALL the time and he washes his car twice a week - nobody I know has time to do that unless they are retired with no hobbies!

ILiveInAPineappleCoveredInSnow Mon 24-Feb-14 13:54:25

Perhaps he needs a dog to keep him occupied! grin

I like the thought of being a crazy poo lady!

P.S. I am not a poo troll!!!!!

backwardpossom Mon 24-Feb-14 13:54:39

Where do you live? I will send my car round. smile It's in sore need of a clean...

ILiveInAPineappleCoveredInSnow Mon 24-Feb-14 13:55:11

Only if you bring a dog to wee on the mud patch as well!!

Ohwhatfuckeryisthis Mon 24-Feb-14 13:55:43

Hahaha coffee

Coffeethrowtrampbitch Mon 24-Feb-14 14:02:03

I think you would make a great crazy poo lady.

But I came up with the idea, perhaps I'm the poo troll <ponders>

It would explain a lot grin

iloveny001 Mon 24-Feb-14 14:43:16

I once got shouted at by a bloke as he thought a weeing dog had done a poo, and was I going to pick it up? He apologised when I asked for a straw!

ILiveInAPineappleCoveredInSnow Mon 24-Feb-14 16:01:21

Haha ilove perhaps I should try asking him for a straw next time!!!

lylasmam2012 Mon 24-Feb-14 16:32:53

I got an anonymous note in the door once for the same thing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now