Talk

Advanced search

to wonder where these people get £350k

(45 Posts)
AgaPanthers Mon 24-Feb-14 02:31:22

This whole write-up screams 'twat':

www.woosterstock.co.uk/details/11751

Which is fine, there are plenty about, and they are essentially harmless.

But where do they get their hands on £350k for a tiny flat in Peckham, sorry Bellendland?

Graphic designer salary London, £20k-£30k: creativepool.com/employee/SOU/E145420/J69427/Graphic-Designer-London.php?utm_source=Indeed&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Indeed

Something doesn't compute.

MrsCakesPremonition Mon 24-Feb-14 02:38:29

What has that flat got to do with Graphic Designers?

Do you know the people who are selling? Oooh - are you cyber-stalking them hmm?

AgaPanthers Mon 24-Feb-14 02:40:20

I was looking at the trying-far-too-hard blurb, and suggesting that it appears to be marketed squarely at hipsters. And then showing the salary for a typical hipster job.

dayshiftdoris Mon 24-Feb-14 02:42:09

Never mind the cost... Have you seen where the kitchen is shock

That's grim... You cook your dinner then carry it past your loo to your lounge?!?
What if someone is on the loo or in the bath?? You can't access the kitchen!

For £350k shockshockshock

StrawberryCheese Mon 24-Feb-14 02:44:39

Well that's the first time I have ever been described as having a hipster job blush

MrsCakesPremonition Mon 24-Feb-14 02:45:54

I think that the kitchen and bathroom have separate doors.

And they must have one very fat deposit to be able to get an affordable monthly mortgage payment. Unless one of the couple is a rich, wannabe hipster rather than an actual hipster.

WallyBantersJunkBox Mon 24-Feb-14 02:46:25

SE15 isn't a hipster area. There's an S in front of the E...!

Eminybob Mon 24-Feb-14 02:49:19

I thought that at first too Doris, but there is corridor between the kitchen and bathroom, you don't have to walk through it.

Still, I'm so glad I don't live in London. I could buy my 3 bed semi almost 3 times over for that money!

AgaPanthers Mon 24-Feb-14 02:51:09

Peckham is definitely hipster. Check the comments here: www.vice.com/en_uk/read/we-went-on-a-quest-to-find-the-new-dalston

And apparently Graphic Designer is the number one hipster career: education.yahoo.net/articles/careers_for_hipsters.htm

SecretWitch Mon 24-Feb-14 03:19:11

I'd like to get me some of that 'ubiquitous' shelving..

BritabroadinAsia Mon 24-Feb-14 03:29:59

Do you think there's a view of Nelson Mandela Towers?

Grennie Mon 24-Feb-14 03:37:37

They will have been given family money or inherited it. The only hipster I know was given a million pounds by family to buy a property. I was working with him and he was not earning a high salary.

Bodicea Mon 24-Feb-14 03:51:47

That is the most patronising advert for a flat I have ever seen. Must be aimed at people who use the bank of mum and dad to fund their hipster London lifestyle!

Mandy2003 Mon 24-Feb-14 03:51:59

Bellend-en village!? Seriously?? If you look beyond the Mackintoshy chairs, the absttact art and the bookshelves you will see some very strange non-hipster things....

The kitchen is pure 90s just painted over and look at the bathroom - unmodernised right down to the pine toilet roll holder! Plus that naked plain but modern radiator under the raging UPVC windows.

Oh dear, something is awry in the state of Bellend!

spritesoright Mon 24-Feb-14 03:52:14

That estate agent description is beyond annoying. Where do they learn to write this utter crap? Makes me grind my teeth just reading it.
The use of 'tidy' as an initial descriptor is funny as it easily misreads as 'tiny', which it is.

spritesoright Mon 24-Feb-14 03:56:29

I assume you insinuated hipster from the decoration in which case they don't have 350k they are selling for 350k. They probably paid way less for it.
Property prices have shot up ridiculously in SE London.

differentnameforthis Mon 24-Feb-14 03:59:50

You don't have to walk through the bathroom to get to the lounge. There is a hall way & the kitchen is off it to one side & the bathroom off it to the other side.

Robfordscrack Mon 24-Feb-14 04:06:00

As a former designer, I am quite offended. 350k for a flat in SE15! I paid a lot less for a flat in a much better area during my 'hipster' days.

WallyBantersJunkBox Mon 24-Feb-14 04:08:14

Hmm these days any true Hipster worth their ironic salt would avoid treating Vice like a bible now that Rupert Murdoch owns as take in it.

I remember reading an article where even they where in Hipster denial at the beginning of the year.

Estate agents will churn up any old tosh to try and bring in a buyer. I remember them marketing Crystal Palace as the new Clapham 20 years ago. Cringeworthy write up.

I do miss having a good old grind in Ezekiel's.....it's been years. grin

soapnuts Mon 24-Feb-14 05:59:46

I bought our house off this estate agency a few years ago - it's just the way they write.... ok it's a bit nauseating but they are actually really nice in there! More interesting than some of the blurbs I've seen I'll have to admit!

Dirtybanana Mon 24-Feb-14 06:32:29

I thought it was a spoof and "Bellenden" a place for twattish "bell-ends"
...but 350k for a shoe-box flat in Peckham - London prices really have gone crazy!

Dirtybanana Mon 24-Feb-14 06:33:18

£50 k premium for the organic chalk white farrow and ball paint slapped everywhere?

VivaLeBeaver Mon 24-Feb-14 06:37:11

I don't know that been "ten staggering steps from the best boozer" is a selling point. It would put me off the property. Am obviously not hipster!

georgesdino Mon 24-Feb-14 06:44:52

If they bought a few years ago this is very easy. We got 8 times our income in 2006, and could have had way more.

brettgirl2 Mon 24-Feb-14 06:55:13

and the job is poorly paid (I don't even live in London/ SE and think that)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now