Talk

Advanced search

to wake dp up and make him sleep on the sofa

(28 Posts)
mymiraclebubba Mon 24-Feb-14 00:48:05

Our dd has been quite poorly all weekend and I have been up most of the nights with her, dp sleeps through everything including me punching him etc toner and wake him up for his turn. I am shattered and he is snoring and grinding his teeth and quite frankly I am ready to kill him!! Suspect the sofa is the better of the two options though

HadABadDay2014 Mon 24-Feb-14 00:57:06

You assault your DP while he is asleep.

I would just sleep on the sofa.

mymiraclebubba Mon 24-Feb-14 00:59:43

Can't he doesn't wake for the baby and the monitor doesn't work downstairs

LuisCarol Mon 24-Feb-14 01:14:05

yanbu

savingupforanother Mon 24-Feb-14 01:16:18

When she wakes you, you then wake him and make it clear it's his turn to go in.

DaleyBump Mon 24-Feb-14 01:16:26

You punch him?!

NatashaBee Mon 24-Feb-14 01:18:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DaleyBump Mon 24-Feb-14 01:20:38

My DH is the heaviest sleeper I've ever met but I would never punch him in his sleep hmm

Alisvolatpropiis Mon 24-Feb-14 01:49:04

I was with you up until the punching bit.

My dp snores and grinds his teeth, I give him a prod and make him turn over.

You can't punch him in his sleep ffs!

mymiraclebubba Mon 24-Feb-14 03:28:32

It's not like I beat him uo just try n roll him over, nudge, poke and tap him fairly hard ffs people get a grip and lighten up

And savingup I do but he doesn't wake up

bragmatic Mon 24-Feb-14 03:51:16

I don't think the OP is giving him a left/right combo, followed by an uppercut.

When my children are sick, one of us sleeps with them in the marital bed and the other makes their own arrangements. YANBU.

LettertoHermioneGranger Mon 24-Feb-14 04:01:29

Really, people. Doubt the OP is assaulting her husband in his sleep. AIBU has no meter for hyperbole, apparently.

YANBU to ask him to sleep on the sofa. Sleep is important, for your well-being and your relationship.

mymiraclebubba Mon 24-Feb-14 04:26:58

Thank you brag and letter! Voices of reason :-)

pinkbear82 Mon 24-Feb-14 05:59:22

Clearly if op was beating the crap out of her DP, when he eventually wakes up and saw the horrendous bruises all over his battered body, he might make more of an effort to wake up. oh no, hold on, because op meant it in a light hearted, I try everything sort of way.

Op, yanbu. I often feel the same with DP, and baby, he can sleep through anything and quite often I fell like giving him a wake up call he wouldn't forget wink gently get him to move, or be quiet.

And careful where you practice those boxing skills grin

whomadeyougod Mon 24-Feb-14 07:59:55

yanbu i push,poke,prod,punch and knee my dh , you have to do whatever it takes before you head for the knife draw smile

BoomCrashBoomPoggenpohl Mon 24-Feb-14 08:07:06

Once, when desperate, I found a glass of water emptied over him a most effective way of rousing dh.

HandragsNGladbags Mon 24-Feb-14 08:11:38

Putting your mouth millimetres from is ear and yelling can help wink

I would concentrate on waking him up first, or waking him and moving him mid sleep might prove the point a bit more.

Hoppinggreen Mon 24-Feb-14 08:49:43

If you slide your hand under his pillow and then "slap" sharply upwards it will make him jump and not hurt. You could also grab him by the nose!!

tinyturtletim Mon 24-Feb-14 08:55:41

Yanbu.

my dh would sleep through the house falling down, It actually worries me how dead to the world he is!

There is an ap on the play store you can download and it is one of those horns, I used that once did the trick

mymiraclebubba Mon 24-Feb-14 09:43:17

Thanks for the ideas ladies! I will certainly be trying a few!!

Tinyturtle it worries me a lot too! He literally doesn't wake for anything! Our dd can be next to him screaming and he swears blind she slept thru

He did actually wake up last night, but the proceeded to turn on all the bloody lights and wake me up. Then wondered why dd was crying after he decides not changing her nappy was the way to go even tho she has an upset tummy and has done nothing but poop for 48 hours.

Men are idiots!!!!!!

KungFuBustle Mon 24-Feb-14 09:54:29

Sounds like he's just shirking his share. Child next to you screaming n you don't wake up? When he does get up he does it all wrong and you think 'might as well do it myself'

Make him go to the doctors, what if there's n accident, emergency etc and he can't hear his family or the smoke alarm? Get him tested, once you know it's bullshit make him do his share.

(PS. Men are not idiots. Yours might be. Don't put up with any shit, that makes you the idiot)

mymiraclebubba Mon 24-Feb-14 10:06:08

The docs is a good idea thanks but to be honest I genuinely don't think he does it deliberately I think he is a really heavy sleeper. He works nights and I do make him get up earlier than he likes to have family time, esp when dsc's are here so he does sleep heavier on nights he is off.

SomethingkindaOod Mon 24-Feb-14 11:27:54

Keep one foot out of the bed so it gets nice and cold fresh. When the snoring starts poke it up as close to his arse crack as possible... The snoring stops.
<disclaimer: I stopped doing this when he nearly knocked himself out on the head board>
<disclaimer 2> I have naturally cold feet so this might not work if you like having warm feet>

pinkbear82 Mon 24-Feb-14 11:42:34

Quickest I have ever managed to wake DP up was when we were staying at my parents house and my mums car was stolen from outside the house.

I went back into our room and half muttering as didn't expect a response like normal 'mums cars been stolen' bolt up right, wide awake and a reply that made sense.

SomethingkindaOod Mon 24-Feb-14 11:43:50

'I'm Pregnant' might also do the trick...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now