Talk

Advanced search

To be pissed off about this?

(18 Posts)
ineedsomeinspiration Sun 23-Feb-14 23:36:34

Just found a pile of stuff dp has sorted out to go to the charity shop and most of the Christmas presents I brought him are in it.
When questioned he replies well I didn't ask for them. Precisely you didn't ask for blinkin anything but because you get the hump when I buy you very little I have to guess.
Well guess what I didn't like the popcorn bucket or teapot you got me but I was gracious as the thought was obviously there and the bloody hideous teapot is out in the kitchen looking all green and bobbly.

deakymom Sun 23-Feb-14 23:38:52

charity shop the tea pot

he is being a ....................t

ineedsomeinspiration Sun 23-Feb-14 23:40:54

Its £70 worth of ugly teapot.

HaroldLloyd Sun 23-Feb-14 23:41:37

In February? What a dick.

He bought you a teapot? What a dick.

He is being a dick.

procrastinatingagain Sun 23-Feb-14 23:44:13

EBay the teapot and buy something nice

steppemum Sun 23-Feb-14 23:47:39

add the popcorn bucket and teapot to the pile and then turn it round and make it a joke, and then sit down and talk about how you can do presents differently, so you avoid this next time (how about an on-line wish list)

ineedsomeinspiration Sun 23-Feb-14 23:54:37

As I am up first time n the morning I really am tempted to add them to the pile.
The popcorn bucket can go. Its like a giant ceramic popcorn bucket that looks as though it should be a plantpot.
The teapot was a nice idea as I do like tea but its not to my taste. Cast iron green bobbly thing. It's meant to be Japanese style.
We always say we won't get much and then he goes and spends money and moans I didn't get much.

eightandthreequarters Sun 23-Feb-14 23:59:02

Why don't you resolve to either make each other lists for birthday and Xmas, or to go shopping together and you each buy the other something they have picked out? Then go have a nice meal together.

He is being a dick, YANBU, but use it as an opportunity to solve the gift-giving problem once and for all.

MamaMumra Mon 24-Feb-14 00:04:51

eBay and buy yourself something.

FoxesRevenge Mon 24-Feb-14 00:20:14

Ebay him!

NatashaBee Mon 24-Feb-14 00:51:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RandomInternetStranger Mon 24-Feb-14 00:57:34

Why didn't he take it back to the shop for a full refund/exchange at the time? I'd be more cross at the waste of money than the fact he didn't want it.

Jolleigh Mon 24-Feb-14 01:30:40

Return the favour...add the crap gifts he got you to the pile. Look relieved as you do so. If he questions you, say "I didn't realise it was ok to get rid of it so soon". Then watch him sulk wink

WooWooOwl Mon 24-Feb-14 08:04:10

You need to turn this into an opportunity to start getting what you want for Christmas.

Send each other Internet links to stuff you would actually like.

sebsmummy1 Mon 24-Feb-14 08:06:57

We don't do christmas presents at all for this reason. We can both afford to buy ourselves what we need throughout the year so save Birthdays for the mutual exchange of loving gifts unwanted tat

StealthPolarBear Mon 24-Feb-14 08:08:37

Dh and I used to set a day asidw after chrisas to go and spend money on dvds, cds, books etx. Nice day out, meal, stuff was in the sale plus no stress over what to get each other. It was brilliant

lljkk Mon 24-Feb-14 11:25:16

I don't let DH buy me gifts except from an approved list. I really am that fussy. And I demand he gives me lists because he is so fussy, too!

redskyatnight Mon 24-Feb-14 11:27:57

I'm not sure how putting an unwanted present at the back of the cupboard is any better than charity shopping it - at least someone gets the benefit of it if you charity shop it!

I think you need to be clear with each other what you want for presents or be amenable to them being swapped straight away. Don't see why you are obliged to like something just because someone else has chosen it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now