Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to repost Q re: mooncup slippage here? *edited by MNHQ*

(22 Posts)
Hegsy Sun 23-Feb-14 20:51:44

Posted this last night and got no response, still can't figure out where I'm going wrong hmm

Has anyone experienced Mooncup slippage? It's not leaking or anything just slipping down and quite uncomfortable, I normally don't feel it at all. Not sure if related but this is my first cycle in 3 months and I've had quite a bit of pain, wouldn't say anymore bleeding than normal though

Thanks

phantomnamechanger Sun 23-Feb-14 20:58:13

no tips but did your original post have "MOONCUP - help needed", or similar in the title - if so I am very surprised you got no replies! you need to attract the right posters so I'd consider changing the title of this thread TBH, you'll get advice more quickly that way I'm sure. good luck.

Hegsy Sun 23-Feb-14 21:05:18

Original thread was called 'mooncup Q' as I thought the same as you sad

Wantsunshine Sun 23-Feb-14 21:12:20

No idea why you got no responses everyone on here seems to use them! Sorry, I don't so can't help

VelmaD Sun 23-Feb-14 21:15:42

which size are you using?

phantomnamechanger Sun 23-Feb-14 21:17:44

Oh, in that case I'm really surprised you got no replies - maybe you just posted when there were some very active threads keeping peoples attention and your message disappeared down the board really quickly. Hope the change of title will do the trick and get some knowledgeable folks to help you!

AtYourCervix Sun 23-Feb-14 21:19:43

How high are you shoving it up to start with?

Is it the stem that is causing it to be uncomfortable?

Hegsy Sun 23-Feb-14 21:20:41

I'm using the B velma I followed the guide on the box to size it and I've used it for ages before having this issue.

MimsyBorogroves Sun 23-Feb-14 21:20:56

I'm having the same problem, OP. I even bought a new (luna?) one, and I'm still having the issue.

Hegsy Sun 23-Feb-14 21:22:35

Sorry cervix push it right up past the 'ridge' I trimmed the stem when I got it but it's slipping down and I can feel the stem kind of rubbing

AtYourCervix Sun 23-Feb-14 21:25:03

Lop off all the stem flush with the bowl. Then once it is in give it a good shove up.

Or try an A?

ALittleStranger Sun 23-Feb-14 21:26:06

Sorry OP, I've not experienced slipping.

I have had a couple of attempts where I've not been able to stick it high enough up and it's sat at the bottom of my vagina and the pain is inexpliciably horrible, so you have my sympathy.

Have you tried cutting the stem off entirely?

VelmaD Sun 23-Feb-14 21:27:34

How old are you? Im only 31 and I've had csections, but at i had to switch to an A before the guidelines said. It might be worth trying an A? I had to switch when my B moved too much - mine would move up not down though, making removal a ruddy nightmare. The A is a lot more comfortable.

GoingGoingGoth Sun 23-Feb-14 21:29:05

Another one here who eventually cut all the stem off. Mine sits low but works fine and is comfortable.

Hegsy Sun 23-Feb-14 21:29:08

It's almost all gone,in fact not sure I'd be able to take more off, will give it a try though if not guess I'll be buying the A. Just hope that works cause pads and tampons give me terrible thrush blush

Hegsy Sun 23-Feb-14 21:30:00

I'm 29 in a few weeks, No DC as yet we're TTC

ALittleStranger Sun 23-Feb-14 21:32:41

I find the whole A/B thing quite confusing. Mooncup tell you to upgrade to the larger size at 30 regardless of childbirth. I'm childless and have a very tight pelvic floor. I'm also 30 soon, is my B mooncup just going to fall out at my birthday party?! shock

CrohnicallyFarting Sun 23-Feb-14 21:42:35

I don't know stranger but if it does please come back and update as I'm 30 next year and would like a heads up!

fuckwittery Sun 23-Feb-14 21:43:05

I always get cystitis with a mooncup, rubs internally through the walls on the urethra I think. Could that be the pain?

Hegsy Sun 23-Feb-14 21:44:33

Do you think my mooncups broken and It thinks I'm 30 this year and not next??? shock

VelmaD Sun 23-Feb-14 21:57:04

Hegsy, mine broke early too. I was only about 28, and it got royally stuck after moving, in a public toilet. Took me a year to brave another. Was v. Upset about loss of pelvic floor. Until boyfriend told me in no uncertain terms that there was no issue.

Maybe the sterlising weakens them? Maybe they stretch slightly?

SoulJacker Sun 23-Feb-14 22:48:27

I bought a size B mooncup aged around 23 and just retired it last month and bought another B so I don't think you need to worry ALittleStranger and ChronicallyFarting

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now