Talk

Advanced search

To think that 'Frozen' is just a version of Wicked set in ice complete with Idina Menzel?

(34 Posts)
Picturesinthefirelight Sun 23-Feb-14 17:30:11

I loved the score but the characters of Elsa & Elphaba are so similar!

Dd hasn't stopped singing Let it Go but hates the credits version sung by Demi Lovato.

It's so going to end up on stage.

KatyMac Sun 23-Feb-14 20:01:48

DD reckons it will be on in London just as she finishes her training, along with Tangled & the Princess & the frog grin

She hopes

Euphemia Sun 23-Feb-14 20:04:22

I loved it. DD has been singing Let It Go ever since. smile

Picturesinthefirelight Sun 23-Feb-14 20:05:31

Dd is learning it with her singing teacher as a change from her Grade 3 pieces.

KatyMac Sun 23-Feb-14 20:05:39

Mine is word perfect for in Summer - but is getting cross with one of the duets

Euphemia Sun 23-Feb-14 20:09:52

I used In Summer with my P1 class when we were learning about Weather, and the different states of water. smile

KatyMac Sun 23-Feb-14 20:12:44

I've started to heckle "It Melts" at appropriate points rather like in "Living next door to Alice"

ladypete Tue 25-Feb-14 19:01:42

It's so going to end up on stage

Yes, it's already been announced! Keep up ladies grin

candycoatedwaterdrops Tue 25-Feb-14 19:28:07

I am SO excited about the prospect of Frozen on stage.

balenciaga Tue 25-Feb-14 19:30:01

aww my dd LOVES this

I am sooooo taking her to the stage version!!

Backtobedlam Tue 25-Feb-14 19:35:04

There's going to be a heck of a lot of young girls desperate for the part of Elsa! Fab soundtrack, it'll be great on stage.

PenguinBear Tue 25-Feb-14 19:37:31

We've not seen this one.

Can someone give me a brief run down of the synopsis? I LOVE Wicked so may have to watch this!

Picturesinthefirelight Tue 25-Feb-14 19:53:07

Well for a start penguin Idina Menzel plays Elsa

Two sisters very close. The younger was born with unexplained powers. She turns things to ice. Accidentally injured younger sister whilst playing so shuts herself away, etc etc

They grow up, parents due so she becomes queen. Gets angry in public. Powers unleashed. Flees but turning the whole kingdom into winter in the process

Cue misunderstood big song Let It Go with classic Idina belting. Ordinary people are in pursuit. I won't spoil the end.

Picturesinthefirelight Tue 25-Feb-14 19:53:28

Oh you've got the sisters/best friends duet in there too.

SabrinaMulhollandJjones Tue 25-Feb-14 19:57:57

I thought it was based on the Snow Queen.

Picturesinthefirelight Tue 25-Feb-14 20:00:55

The credits says it is & I can see that sort of loosely. But the characters & situation just reminded me if Wicked.

But I guess if you take the spin that wicked is the alternative viewpoint of Wizard of Oz then Frozen shows the alternative viewpoint of The Snow Queen.

candycoatedwaterdrops Tue 25-Feb-14 20:26:06

And there's an AMAZING snowman called Olaf grin

SabrinaMulhollandJjones Tue 25-Feb-14 20:33:23

I can see the similarities with Wicked, definitely. DD loved it - so if it gets to stage I can see I'll be booking tickets grin

ahlahktuhflomp Tue 25-Feb-14 20:42:36

Looking forward to seeing this with DDs - secretly a bit excited after all the good reviews. smile

RobinSparkles Tue 25-Feb-14 20:43:04

It's going to be on stage?!? grin

We watched it at the cinema in December and ever since I the DDs have been obsessed. We've been belting out Let it Go and Do You Wanna Build a Snowman ever since.

I really want to see Wicked!

BratinghamPalace Tue 25-Feb-14 21:01:27

I do not know of one child, boy or girl, who dislikes the film. My three are bananas for it. The older two belt out Let it Snow from the minute they wake up in the morning and the 2.5 year old joins in with gobbledygook. Great stuff! And how great that the act of true love is an act between the sisters rather than the usually prince jobby!

fifi669 Tue 25-Feb-14 21:04:35

Spoiler!

KatyMac Tue 25-Feb-14 21:20:03

Just pre-ordered the DVD

This saving money for college thing is not really working

spudmasher Tue 25-Feb-14 21:25:39

m.youtube.com/watch?v=JfMBcIVU6Rw

Love this version.

Tallalime Tue 25-Feb-14 21:30:12

Oh I love it, it's my fave Disney since the little mermaid. I was going to be Ariel when I grew up <outs self as old>

DD is mad about it. She knows all the songs - we get the reindeer duet a lot here - even worse, she is called Anna grin

She wants to go to Norway to meet them all - I have no idea how she knows it's set in Norway, she's 6 ffs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now