Talk

Advanced search

WIBU to turn off my phone?

(10 Posts)
mindthegap01 Sun 23-Feb-14 14:17:58

8 days overdue with DC1 and really losing the will. Hormones going berserk and even I admit that my mood is bizarre and irrational. Everything is irritating me.

So, while I know that it's lovely that people are thinking of me, would I be unreasonable to turn off my phone and ignore all incoming texts, calls & facebook messages? Because honestly, if one more person asks me how I am and if there's any news then I may be forced to flush said phone down toilet. Thoughts please.

elQuintoConyo Sun 23-Feb-14 14:27:29

Yanbu to turn it off.
When I was pregnant, I didn't have a smartphone, so FB wouldn't pop up like now and I could ignore it on the computer.
I designated two people as go-tos for information: DF dealt with my family and best friend dealt with our group of friends. DH managed his (large) family himself. We unplugged the landline.

Good luck thanks

bopoityboo3 Sun 23-Feb-14 14:28:29

definitely not BU. I went 2 weeks over with DD and it drove me insane. But maybe first send out a mass message saying you are fine and that you will let them know when DC1 turns up but for now you are going off grid so you can build up on your sleep/ rest and just have some time to yourself before becoming a mum. (otherwise concerned people will start turning up at the house and stressing you evening more trying to check that you are okay)

Good luck hope DC1 doesn't keep you waiting to much longer.

TheWiseOldElf Sun 23-Feb-14 14:33:55

I knew as soon as I saw the title that this thread would be about 'kindly' nosey friends and relatives enquiring about your welbeing sticking their noses in when you're overdue. YANBU!!! It drove me mad in both my pregnancies. Do it!!!

TheWiseOldElf Sun 23-Feb-14 14:34:37

Oh and good luck and congrats and hope it isn't too much longer etc

It drive me so mad when I had our first that I told everyone that the second was due 2 weeks after the official due date.

Oh, the luxury of silence!!

MyNameIsKenAdams Sun 23-Feb-14 14:38:27

Any sign yet OP?

wink

gamerchick Sun 23-Feb-14 14:43:20

If its doing your nut in then definitely crack on.

I didn't have that problem.. nobody give a toss when I was having babies grin

whatsagoodusername Sun 23-Feb-14 14:46:12

Do it, but change your voicemail to say you haven't had the baby yet and will let them know when you have. Otherwise they will think you're in labour when they can't get hold of you.

mindthegap01 Sun 23-Feb-14 15:02:12

Thanks all! Your replies have cheered me up lots - much to DH's relief! Turning phone off and DH is making brew smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now