Talk

Advanced search

To wonder why Noël Edmonds hasn't sued Ant and Dec hasn't used for plagiarism yet?

(19 Posts)
NeonMuffin Sun 23-Feb-14 10:40:39

I love Ant and Dec as much as the next person and I've followed their careers from their days on Byker Grove. But Saturday Night Takeaway is the biggest rip off of Noel's House Party ever, I don't know how they get away with it actually? Last night they even had the hidden camera in someone's front room thing that Noël was doing 20 plus years ago.

Come on guys you are talented and so much better than this!

CalamityKate Sun 23-Feb-14 10:43:32

Those things were funny when Noël did them so why shouldn't Antn'Dec do them too? The only difference is that they're better than Noel <shrug>

bluntasabullet Sun 23-Feb-14 10:47:41

YABU - it's a T.V show, it's funny just as it was when Noel did it.

Nomama Sun 23-Feb-14 11:42:21

And I think you'll find that hidden cameras were used many years prior to Noel... Candid Camera in the US is even older than the UK version.

There's nothing new under the sun....

Smoorikins Sun 23-Feb-14 11:44:08

And quiz shows have been on the go for years. And talent shows. And cookery programmes.

Should they just stop doing all telly because someone has done something similar before?

WorraLiberty Sun 23-Feb-14 11:48:06

They're much funnier than Noel ever was

Morcombe and Wise were doing funny sketch/songs with their guests 40 years ago, does that mean they shouldn't do that either?

FourEyesGood Sun 23-Feb-14 13:23:37

It may be the same writers or producers anyway (I expect the ideas weren't Noel's in the first place).

nevergoogle Sun 23-Feb-14 13:26:35

YABU for watching any of that crap.

LoveIsTheDrug Sun 23-Feb-14 13:27:40

I'd rather boil my eyes than watch ant and dec

Sparklingbrook Sun 23-Feb-14 13:29:12

I loved Noel's House Party and I love Saturday Night Takeaway. <proud>

Sparklingbrook Sun 23-Feb-14 13:29:50

Plus Noel Tidybeard has his beyond dull box opening show now.

Divinity Sun 23-Feb-14 14:02:05

Ha Sparklingbrook took the words right out of my mouth (in both posts). grin

mrsjay Sun 23-Feb-14 14:09:47

that was the whole point of take away it was meant to condense all we used to like on saturday night telly into one show I remember any and dec saying something like ^ ^ when it first started it has been going years so folk still want to watch it,

mrsjay Sun 23-Feb-14 14:11:03

an d if we want to go a wee bit further lets say jeremy beadles estate might not be too happy either grin

Sparklingbrook Sun 23-Feb-14 14:13:11

OMG I loved Beadle's About. Digging up everyone's front gardens for a hoot. grin

Perhaps someone could bring that back?

colleysmill Sun 23-Feb-14 14:16:24

Ha ha I remember always brushing my hair and sitting up straight just in case Ntv came to my lounge!

I loved the Gotchas as well on house party.

Sparklingbrook Sun 23-Feb-14 14:17:41

While I am on a roll. I loved 'Don't Forget your Toothbrush too. grin

mrsjay Sun 23-Feb-14 14:19:15

oh god imagine watching the tellly and a FACE pops up saying hello i would actually have a heart attack grin

CalamityKate Sun 23-Feb-14 15:50:23

Colley - the Gotchas were brilliant!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now