Talk

Advanced search

...to be annoyed that my prize hasn't been delivered

(8 Posts)
FriendlyLadybird Sat 22-Feb-14 19:25:30

In mid-December I entered and won an online competition with £700-worth of prizes. I dutifully whooped on social media and delivered breathlessly excited quotes for the press release. Two months later and only half my prizes have been delivered. Two arrived immediately; one other two weeks ago after I had prompted the competition organiser ... but nothing more.
I was a bit reticent about chasing up because it seemed a bit grabby -- after all, I was getting something for nothing. But I've now decided that I'm annoyed. The sponsors got some good PR and positive coverage out of this competition but have not upheld their end of the bargain. Why should they have potentially got the edge over their competitors by making a promise that they haven't kept?
So AIBU and should I chase up the organisers again?

ButICantaloupe Sat 22-Feb-14 19:26:43

YANBU, be shameless and chase them up!

caketinrosie Sat 22-Feb-14 19:29:05

Definitely! A deals a deal! <stealth pun> seriously you won! No one I know ever wins, chase it up and feel no shame grin

phantomnamechanger Sat 22-Feb-14 19:32:56

definitely chase it up, for no other reason than that there may be a parcel awaiting collection at a depot somewhere and they forgot to put a card through the door - or some daft twit has put a parcel in your bin which you've then buried, and has falsified your signature for receiving it, or they've signed and lobbed it in your hedge where it still is getting ever soggier.

all of those have happened to people in my family!

HellomynameisIcklePickle Sat 22-Feb-14 20:14:20

Yanbu!!

Name and shame - ideally on your original social media whoopings.

And on here because I am nosey!!

Finola1step Sat 22-Feb-14 20:23:08

Chase it. You won fair and square.

babybearsmummy Sat 22-Feb-14 20:24:07

I know how you feel. I've just won a year's worth of Sky TV for free, 2 weeks and numerous phone calls to Sky and emails to the competition host, nothing is being done about it. But it's best to keep pestering!

Keep chasing!! Lots of luck x

chirpchirp Sat 22-Feb-14 20:24:24

Chase, chase and chase some more. Ask them for time frames when your prizes will be with you and if they don't deliver timeously take to social media and make some noise. I won a photography comp on Facebook with a large cash prize. The company ran pieces in the Times and had it all over blogs grabbing publicity with the appropriation quotes from me. After almost 2 months and no cheque I started chasing them. Eventually got to me phoning them daily another month later before they took my bank details and made a transfer. You won it fair and square, it's not grabby to claim your prize. Well done on your win!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now