Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think that if you're going out in public....

(118 Posts)
salsmum Sat 22-Feb-14 00:09:33

You could at least get dressed! AIBU to hate seeing people walking around town/shops in either pjs or onesies? I know some younger people like their onesies but today I went to the hairdressers and out walked a woman (late 50s) in her pj bottoms at 2pm. shock do these people jump outta bed and just 'not bother' getting dressed or do they pop a onesie/pjs on clean as a form of dressing? confused. I'm one of those unlucky people who always bumps into boss/work mate/mate from the past etc...when I'm not looking too great I think I'd die if I would bump into the same people and I was sporting a 'Hello Kitty' onesie or an equally tacky Primarni cat/dog/giraffe print onesie/pjs disclaimer I'm not against pjs or onesies inside the home just in public. grin

Sparklingbrook Sat 22-Feb-14 00:11:56

YANBU. There should be a law. No nightwear/onesies in public.

EatShitDerek Sat 22-Feb-14 00:13:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

propertyNIGHTmareBEFOREXMAS Sat 22-Feb-14 00:13:46

Yabu.

I am quite 'live and let live' when it comes to style or lack thereof. Don't judge my 3k handbag and I won't judge your £8 onesie from Primark.

steff13 Sat 22-Feb-14 00:14:03

I hate to see people out in public in pajamas. I see it mostly at my local Walmart, but I rarely go there, so I don't experience it that much. Check out www.peopleofwalmart.com for more information.

I've seen other posts referring to "onesies." What we call onesies in the US are either long or short sleeved t-shirts for babies that go down around the legs and snap at the crotch. I assume that's not what you're talking about, but I can't figure out what it is?

Sparklingbrook Sat 22-Feb-14 00:16:19

Here you go Steff.

DorothyGherkins Sat 22-Feb-14 00:16:44

I was at the chip shop about half six last week in the middle of town when a woman in her fifties walked in her jarmies and her hair in rollers.

AgentZigzag Sat 22-Feb-14 00:19:37

Where I live is still in the 1950s quite 'sheltered' and I'm laughing at imagining the looks someone in a onsie would get walking down the high street grin

Anyone with mobility problems where changing their trousers would cause problems can get away with it, anyone else is a hoiking free for all.

Can I judge your 3k bag a little bit Property?

thornrose Sat 22-Feb-14 00:20:43

I've seen a lot of threads about people shopping in onesies or pjs but I'm disappointed it hasn't reached my area sad I really want to see it!

AgentZigzag Sat 22-Feb-14 00:20:59

No fag hanging out her gob Dorothy?

grin

I suppose she had to stub it out before going in.

Sparklingbrook Sat 22-Feb-14 00:21:18

How would I even know a 3K handbag though? I wouldn't have a clue. grin

HarrietSchulenberg Sat 22-Feb-14 00:21:56

My neighbours are big fans of onesies. They are regularly to be seen out en masse sporting them. Even the eldest daughter's boyfriend, who doesn't live locally but travels over at weekends, has joined in.

They are often embellished with food stains down the front.

propertyNIGHTmareBEFOREXMAS Sat 22-Feb-14 00:22:34

Keep it that way, SB. It is a dangerous addiction.

hickorychicken Sat 22-Feb-14 00:22:45

I was meeting a friend last week in costa and i shit you not, a woman came in wearing pjs a dressing gown and slippers, bed hair the lot! Nobody toook a 2nd glance either...wtf!!! Then she went out got in her car and then came back as she'd forgotten something....!!

WorraLiberty Sat 22-Feb-14 00:25:33

YANBU OP. I think it's weird but each to their own.

I also couldn't tell a 3k handbag over one from Romford market but again, each to their own.

I'm feeling harmonious tonight...must be the wine grin wine

steff13 Sat 22-Feb-14 00:25:46

Oh my goodness, those are a bit silly to be wearing out in public. Although I might totally rock a Hello Kitty one around the house.

Sparklingbrook Sat 22-Feb-14 00:26:54

I have a cat one with a tail. It gets in the way. The worst ones are the ones with feet in. They must get filthy. confused

AgentZigzag Sat 22-Feb-14 00:27:11

We do have short t-shirt with 'tights' round here though, where the person probably thought they were more leggings than they actually were and it's so see through you could see the pattern on their kegs.

I felt quite sorry for them and wondered whether they either didn't give a fuck, or did care but the people they knew hadn't told them.

usualsuspect33 Sat 22-Feb-14 00:27:27

They are covered up, whats the problem?

propertyNIGHTmareBEFOREXMAS Sat 22-Feb-14 00:27:53

The wine helps. Never was a truer word said grin

salsmum Sat 22-Feb-14 00:28:58

I think a snap at the crotch would be a welcome edition steff13...but then I am the wrong side of 50 and have a sense of real urgency wink. I myself have a fleecy lovely,warm M&S onesie that I am sporting while I type...would I go out and mingle in a VERY public place with it on?? HELL NOOOOOOOOO shock equally I wanna save the general public from seeing a sight they'd never forget! grin.

deakymom Sat 22-Feb-14 00:29:01

we had someone laughingly asked to leave tescos because they were in pjs she even had her pic taken outside the shop in her jammies tesco briefly put up a sign asking customers to dress before shopping! the ban didn't last long and we were all treated to her wandering around in her jammies again

in scotland a few years ago a school sent out a letter asking parents to be dressed for school at three pm they understood that mornings can be a rush but really expected people to be dressed by three!

im okay (ish) about the whole pj thing yes it looks a bit slutty but each to there own the thing that gets me is the lass with the vest top and no bra i swear she will fall out if she turns fast enough why cant she wear a T-shirt? hmm

AgentZigzag Sat 22-Feb-14 00:29:36

<pours small one for worra> wine wine wine wine

propertyNIGHTmareBEFOREXMAS Sat 22-Feb-14 00:31:49

I've just made a Nespresso. When I've had it I suppose I could have one more small (125ml) glass....

usualsuspect33 Sat 22-Feb-14 00:32:46

Slutty?

Maybe they should buy a school run dress

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now