Talk

Advanced search

Smell of skin on first spring sunshine??

(9 Posts)
girlwhowearsglasses Fri 21-Feb-14 20:51:55

Ok I know nobody who has noticed this. On the first few days when it's sunny and you are outside (for me luckily today) I have noticed a very specific (and very evocative, pleasant) smell that comes off hands and arms if you smell them when you come inside...

Am I mad? It's not just me surely? I haven't gone to the lengths of smelling other people's arms, but I am making an educated guess it's melanin or some other compound produced by sun exposure, and I only notice it as it's been so long since I've been in sunshine??

Biologists and suchlike types, tell me not a freak?

PS: I don't have a super-sensitive sense of smell or anything..

WitchWay Fri 21-Feb-14 20:56:04

Sunshine definitely makes skin smell of sunshine! Quite a sexy smell I think grin

phantomnamechanger Fri 21-Feb-14 20:58:27

is it just fresh air, like a clean laundry smell?

have never noticed this and now worried I am not normal!

EmmaBemma Fri 21-Feb-14 20:59:59

sun-warmed skin definitely has a particular smell.

FamiliesShareGerms Fri 21-Feb-14 21:02:05

It's not just you, it's a very distinct (and lovely!) smell.

5madthings Fri 21-Feb-14 21:02:44

I get you, its a sun kissed smell!

Ledare Fri 21-Feb-14 21:04:49

Does it? I gave up smoking cigarettes a month ago and I am sniffing things constantly. I especially like satsumas. Spring isn't here yet but I'll definitely be trying that.

Only with close family, obvs.

ColouringInQueen Fri 21-Feb-14 21:06:33

That has to be the most evocative title I've ever read!

Oh and I agree smile

girlwhowearsglasses Fri 21-Feb-14 21:11:40

Oh good. I am not mad then, it's quite fragrant. Once it's really sunny and here are flowers and plants around you don't notice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now