Advanced search

About dds friend

(29 Posts)
moldingsunbeams Fri 21-Feb-14 17:11:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

littleballerina Fri 21-Feb-14 17:14:48

Have you asked her about it?

Sirzy Fri 21-Feb-14 17:16:20

well presumably she knows what foods cause her daughter issues so avoids them? Haribo type sweets make ds "hyper" so I avoid them but nothing else is no go.

ilovepowerhoop Fri 21-Feb-14 17:17:42

she sounds a bit mad

WitchWay Fri 21-Feb-14 17:18:13

Sounds as if she likes making a fuss.

moldingsunbeams Fri 21-Feb-14 17:23:18

bodybooboo Fri 21-Feb-14 17:25:49

well if your dd is ok with 'the junk' and doesn't go hyper can't really see the issue.

her kid presumably can't tolerate it but your dd can.

bumbleymummy Fri 21-Feb-14 17:31:22

Are there other kids in the house? If your DD's friend's siblings are ok with those types of foods she may have them in the house. Maybe she lets your daughter have them because you're fine with it and she doesn't want to impose the restrictions on her.

fuzzpig Fri 21-Feb-14 17:32:53

I would just assume that the items she is feeding your DD don't have the colours/additives she is concerned about.

Although it was rude of her to berate you for a presumably natural smoothie.

fuzzpig Fri 21-Feb-14 17:34:01

When you say blue or red foods presumably you mean the particular dyes? She doesn't mean strawberries and tomatoes?

Gileswithachainsaw Fri 21-Feb-14 17:34:09

Or maybe she doesn't want you to have to deal with the effects so gives him the junk when he's at his own house and not your problem? smile

moldingsunbeams Fri 21-Feb-14 17:34:16

greenfolder Fri 21-Feb-14 17:37:25

maybe she does it precisely to show you that she is not judgey about such treat foods. Just her kid cant tolerate them- she has no issue with them as such.

Gileswithachainsaw Fri 21-Feb-14 17:39:45

Sorry i got the he/sh mixed up blush I meant maybe she doesn't want hiu to have to deal with her kid on a hyper but when it's her turn to just she doesn't mind it as she's the one dealing with it and her dd isn't being a pain for you.

Smoothie thing is weird though confused

Mamagiraffe Fri 21-Feb-14 17:41:35

Maybe since she's sensitive she has to be sparing and occasional with them and wants to be the giver rather than "the bad guy" who never gives the "fun" foods but sounds like she has been a bit ott with you :-(

moldingsunbeams Fri 21-Feb-14 17:44:06

Timetoask Fri 21-Feb-14 17:49:23

I think you should tell her that you don't want your dd having junk either.

FrysChocolateCream Fri 21-Feb-14 17:54:05

Blimey that's a hell of a lot of junk to be giving your daughter. I wouldn't like someone giving that to my child. Seems very hypocritical of the parent. If it is an issue for you I would ask again about specfics.

whitepuddingsupper Fri 21-Feb-14 19:14:25

She actually shouted at you over the smoothie? She sounds like a charmer hmm and a hypocrite.

DontWannaBeObamasElf Fri 21-Feb-14 19:46:49

Not sticking up for the mother because all that one rule for you and another for her would just piss me off. However a friend of mine who I've known since nursery was very sensitive to certain E numbers and colourings. It severely affected her behaviour. Even now she gets a bit hyper on some things.

LillyAlien Fri 21-Feb-14 19:53:53

Drip, drip, got any more OP?

moldingsunbeams Sat 22-Feb-14 13:46:48

moldingsunbeams Sat 22-Feb-14 13:49:45

sneakyday Sat 22-Feb-14 13:54:26

If dd goes a bit "hyper" she behaves like a nightmare(though a generally well behaved kid) I can deal with this and its fine at mine but i wouldnt like her doing that around other peoples houses. Could it be that?

Pheonixisrising Sat 22-Feb-14 13:58:35

why are some people so fucking rude lillyalien

just ask the mother , although to be fair mcd's food is all beige , not red or blue

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now