Talk

Advanced search

to expect to be looked after

(19 Posts)
StudyFullTime Thu 20-Feb-14 20:04:29

I'm poorly, I pulled a muscle in my shoulder and am in considerable pain, went to the dr and was given morphine and a load of other drugs...anyway aibu to expect dp to look after ds and me wiithout dramatic sighs and geberal eye rolling?

Am I asking too much cause I'm on the verge of telling him to fuck off and that I'll cope like I always do

LaurieFairyCake Thu 20-Feb-14 20:05:46

I would completely ignore the eye rolling and assume it was nothing to do with me.

Then id send him out to get me chips.

LEMmingaround Thu 20-Feb-14 20:06:40

Definitely not asking too much to expect non gerbil behaviour! And to expect a bit of tlc

apermanentheadache Thu 20-Feb-14 20:07:20

Of course YANBU. You poor sausage. If you're on morphine I would take yourself off to bed and leave him to it for a few days.

StudyFullTime Thu 20-Feb-14 20:09:12

noy entirely sure what geberal eye rolling is!

The morphine is making me feel sick and lethargic...

apermanentheadache Fri 21-Feb-14 19:21:04

Hope you are feeling a bit better today, study.

MrsGoslingWannabe Fri 21-Feb-14 19:25:18

How old is DS? My DP was always useless when DD was younger & I was ill. I'd usually go to my parents :-(

StudyFullTime Fri 21-Feb-14 19:52:22

DS is 3 and dp has been sent packing, I'd rather cope than be called pathetic!

apermanentheadache Fri 21-Feb-14 19:54:54

Did he really call you pathetic for being ill? What a shower of a man. flowers

Finola1step Fri 21-Feb-14 19:58:26

He is this crap in other areas of his life?

SolidGoldBrass Fri 21-Feb-14 20:04:14

YANBU. Is the 'DP' someone who lives with you/DS' father, or a relatively new boyfriend? If the latter, absolutely right to bin now. If the former, you were still probably right to bin as he's undoubtedly lazy and selfish all round.

StudyFullTime Fri 21-Feb-14 21:31:47

without defending him, he doesn't really do illness but this time I really needed him and he didn't step up to the plate...

feeling quite sad actually

apermanentheadache Fri 21-Feb-14 21:36:49

Why does he not do illness? Is there a history of illness - e.g. , one of his parents was ill a lot when he was a Cos that's the only circumstance I can think of where there might just be a reason for his behaviour. If not, then I can well see why you're feeling sad. Really sorry you are going through this.

MammaTJ Fri 21-Feb-14 21:38:11

Is he dad to your DS or just your not do D P?

apermanentheadache Fri 21-Feb-14 21:41:34

"when he was a child" that should have read...

StudyFullTime Fri 21-Feb-14 21:42:13

He's ds' dad but in the forces so we don't see him that often, I had to call him back from work to look after us

I hate feeling poorly and not being able to look after the boy but I'm really not up to it

Babyturnip Fri 21-Feb-14 21:49:05

Sorry your feeling rough, we recently had the sick bug in our house, dp went off to work( he is self employed can make the hours up) leaving me throwing up and looking after the small ones. But two days later when he had it, he was in bed all day moaning and crying. Urgh. Hope you feel better soon

apermanentheadache Sat 22-Feb-14 20:14:32

Babyturnip, I really hope you let the kids run riot around him and made him look after them while he was ill. Selfish twunt.

monkeysox Sun 23-Feb-14 13:14:21

Yanbu I've got a very bad cold almost flu I've had a couple of days in bed but dh huffed and puffed about looking after our two 2 and 4 nob

I've got steroids from walk in centre you'd think he'd just funking do it raaaaar

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now