Talk

Advanced search

to bet no one can come up with a good excuse for this bloke's supermarket parking?

(27 Posts)
Justanotherposter Thu 20-Feb-14 19:39:28

Didn't park in a disabled slot.
Didn't park in a Parent and child slot.
Didn't park in any slot.

Just left his BMW (not that all BMW drivers are like that) right outside the doors of the supermarket. Lights left on. The bloke and a women stepped out and went into go shopping. Car still there 15 minutes later.

Plenty of slots in the disabled and P&C but they were just a tiny bit further from the doors. Like 2m.

Can anyone think of a possible excuse grin?

Or does he need an excuse? Do supermarket car parks actually need rules for parking? Does it say you have to park in an actual slot!!!

LaurieFairyCake Thu 20-Feb-14 19:40:59

Didn't a footballer do that?

One of the foreign ones who'd joined a team over here. Left his Lexus outside

Panzee Thu 20-Feb-14 19:42:13

Maybe they only watch American films, the ones where you just pull up outside of wherever you're going. grin

BrianTheMole Thu 20-Feb-14 19:55:45

I do that sometimes at my local supermarket.

Impatientismymiddlename Thu 20-Feb-14 19:57:39

At least he can't be accused of misusing the parent and child spaces and cause a mums net riot. grin

CrohnicallyFarting Thu 20-Feb-14 20:42:54

Maybe they didn't go shopping but he was desperate for the toilet? The extra 2m might have made all the difference! And the woman had to go in with him in case he didn't make it and needed a hand getting cleaned up (maybe she had spare clothes in her handbag, he didn't want to carry the bag because that might look odd)? They strolled casually as if they were shopping because he didn't want everyone watching to see if he did make it in time.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Thu 20-Feb-14 21:08:03

He had a BMW. They come with a licence to do whatever the fuck you want. HTH

Scrounger Thu 20-Feb-14 21:09:09

The engine failed and it came to rest at that spot?

DownstairsMixUp Thu 20-Feb-14 21:11:31

Someone beat me with the entitled BMW driver comment! No excuse. Just a giant nobhead?

Salmotrutta Thu 20-Feb-14 21:13:17

He owned the supermarket and it was therefore his private land so he could do what he liked?

joanofarchitrave Thu 20-Feb-14 21:22:13

I find that almost charming in its brazen fuckoffness.

randomfemale Thu 20-Feb-14 21:25:16

All BMW drivers are wankers therefore are entitled to park where the fuck they like fact grin

Zucker Thu 20-Feb-14 21:28:34

People do that all the time at our local Tesco. Park right across the pedestrian crossing to the rest of the huge car park that the rest of us mortals use. Although they do generally leave the orange lights flashing so I think that cancels out the twatty parking. NOT

Mildpanic Thu 20-Feb-14 21:40:53

Oh my god, I think this might have been us the other day! Running late to drop off DS for a haircut, DH jumped out of drivers seat, having done a movie style stop across the supermarket entrance/disabled space. Planned rapid decamp, grab DS, driver swap and move to a more appropriate parking space failed miserably. I am afraid DH had the keys in his pocket and car won't drive without the keys in close proximity. He didn't hear my Eastenders style screech of DH....keys??
Was a particularly spectacular parenting/parking fail.
Please say this wasn't us and we will be forever mn pariahs.

Pipbin Thu 20-Feb-14 21:48:25

You should have taken a picture and submitted it to youparklikeacunt.wordpress.com.

One day I might invest in some of their stickers.

EauPea Thu 20-Feb-14 22:08:20

Unmarked Police car?

mindthegap01 Thu 20-Feb-14 22:15:38

Enough with the bitching about BMW drivers! From a BMW driver.

Manchesterhistorygirl Thu 20-Feb-14 22:17:44

Dh always says that the twat signal goes up his arm when he puts the key fob thingy in the slot.

grin

mindthegap01 Thu 20-Feb-14 22:18:56

grin at Machesterhistorygirl

YeahThatsWhatISaid Thu 20-Feb-14 22:20:38

It was a set up by a TV production company. They were hoping someone would take the bait and confront the shoppers who would then give ridiculous and hilarious excuses.

Megrim Thu 20-Feb-14 22:22:24

And did this BMW have a private plate by any chance?

RedFocus Thu 20-Feb-14 22:24:35

What's the difference between a BMW and a hedgehog?.....the BMW has the pricks on the inside!!! wink

Wantsunshine Thu 20-Feb-14 22:25:02

Did it inconvenience you in any way?

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Thu 20-Feb-14 22:27:26

People do this at our Morrisons. On yellow lines too! I've never worked it out either & have always presumed that the drivers are either crap at parking or just really lazy.

chipshop Fri 21-Feb-14 08:28:18

Certain wags and footballers always do this at a car park I use at the Trafford Centre, a big shopping mall near me. Hundreds of spaces and they park right at the door. I think they're disappointed they can't actually drive into Selfridges. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now