Talk

Advanced search

to think, yes, this is why i love my mirena...

(9 Posts)
ToddlerHoover Wed 19-Feb-14 23:01:54

Despite the fact I think it's probably responsible for my mood swings, spot breakouts and occasional mild depression.

I don't have periods. Or at least, only once a year or so.

And that time of year is clearly now. I am so fucking miserable. It hurts. My stomach is distended horribly, I have trapped wind, I'm fat, I stink, I'm ravenous, I'm tired and I can't sleep. Plus obvs the bleeding part.

But in a few days it will be over and I can go back to being period free,if occasionally crabby and acne plagued.

Yay for hormonal contraception. I think.

<sob>

Weegiemum Wed 19-Feb-14 23:04:50

I loved my mirena.

Lots.

Dd2 just turned 10. Because it didn't bloody work.

Though I love my dd2 fiercely and will never be sad I had her, being anovulatory on the coil wasn't actually enough!

MadAsFish Wed 19-Feb-14 23:12:17

I've had a complete personality change since I had mine taken out in December.
It's been great. I'm never having anything to do with progesterone again.

I haven't had a period for 20 years and have no negative side effects from my marina at all. I love love love it.

I hate it because it ave me a beard.

I luffs it because it spikes dps willy on occasion wink

Which is rather amusing wink

Adeleh Thu 20-Feb-14 00:31:18

I'm with weegie. Just don't rely on the bloody thing working. I got pregnant on it too.

DaveMccave Thu 20-Feb-14 01:31:34

I totally loved my mirena too.
But it didn't work and I love my smiley chubby blue eyed baby even more smile

RuddyDuck Thu 20-Feb-14 02:56:38

I hated my Mirena, which not only didn't stop my periods but turned them into 16 day bleeding fests. Had the wretched thing removed and periods went back to being 7 day affairs.

welshnat Thu 20-Feb-14 07:44:52

Another lover smile

Had my second one put in in October after a 3 year gap and had normal periods until this month where it was a 2 day spotting affair grin hopefully next month it will disappear completely.

Although I am paranoid about not know I am pregnant so bought a batch of cheap pg tests and will use them once a month just to double check.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now