Talk

Advanced search

IAMBU (maybe triggers? Not sure)

(10 Posts)
Fleta Wed 19-Feb-14 15:53:34

I know I am.

But fuck me it is hard when you see news stories about children being murdered, dogs mauling babies, cruelty cases to deal with infertility.

I know no-one ever said life was fair but I want to stamp my feet and wail and wonder why I lost my precious second baby and am unable to have another when I'm a bloody good mother.

FoxesRevenge Wed 19-Feb-14 16:09:03

YANBU, I feel the same.

People who take the piss out of the system when there are truly needy people out there. Child abuse, animal cruelty... Life is cheap to some people, they just have no respect for it.

Sometimes I have to switch off the news because it's just so depressing.

whitepuddingsupper Wed 19-Feb-14 16:11:47

YANBU, it would be so much better if every child born was wanted and loved and taken care of, life is cruel sometimes and I hope things work out for you fertility wise OP.

Loopylouu Wed 19-Feb-14 16:28:25

I hope things work out for you op.

I felt the same way when I was going through a mmc last year and SIL was four months pregnant and texting me daily about aborting her baby or not for bizarre reasons (I'm not being a cow, they were ridiculous reasons). It felt so unfair that I had lost my much wanted baby while she didn't give a monkeys about the one she was carrying.

Fleta Wed 19-Feb-14 16:30:29

Thank you for the kind words. It makes it easier to know other people understand.

Most of the time I can accept my lot but just sometimes it hits me.

Sadly there won't ever be another baby now as my husband is leaving.

Fleta Wed 19-Feb-14 16:32:19

Loopyloou thanks

shakinstevenslovechild Wed 19-Feb-14 16:39:43

Fleta flowers

If YABU then so am I. After my son died, and I do realise this makes me sound awful, I looked at everyone I knew who had a few drinks or smoked when they were pregnant and wondered why it was my son who died when I did everything 'right'.

Stories in papers and on the news would feel like a stab in the heart, because I loved my son so much and he wasn't here, but then there were parents out there abusing their children and not appreciating how precious they are.

I don't have any advice, it took a very long time for me to stop feeling like that, and I think it was just getting used to having been dealt a really crappy hand in life rather than getting over the feeling. But I do understand.

I'm so sorry for all that you are going through.

Loopylouu Wed 19-Feb-14 17:03:18

Oh fleta. I'm so sorry, it sounds like you are going through hell at the moment.

Fleta Wed 19-Feb-14 17:08:56

Thank you. Infertility I've come to terms with on a basic level. Although the "happy miracle" hope has kind of diminished.

Marriage over? Huge shock. Very new. This is the first time I've actually "told" anyone.

Loopylouu Wed 19-Feb-14 17:34:26

That's a lot to go through at one time fleta.

I've been through divorce myself and it's hard enough too deal with on it's own.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now