Talk

Advanced search

Am I pregnant? So confused!

(24 Posts)
LittleBitOfThis Wed 19-Feb-14 08:52:16

Hi everyone,

Just wondered if anyone could shed any light for me. In 2 days, it will be 4 weeks since the first day of my last period. That AF was the first AF since having my daughter (now 10 months, 9 months when AF made her appearance). We TTC in the couple of weeks that followed. I can't say when I OVd, but for the past 2 days I have felt YUK. Stomach cramps, slightly tender boobs, head aches, slight dizziness for a short period yesterday and excessive saliva in my mouth. With my daughter, I had no symptoms, just got BFP first time. (So lucky). I've taken 5 tests in the past few days, but all negative. Could I be testing too soon? It's hard to say when AF is due because I don't know my cycle length due to not having AF since becoming pregnant with DD 18 months ago, but I would imagine AF is due between Friday (4 weeks since last AF) and Sunday (because my cycles used to last 30 days. I just feel so rubbish. I'm either ill, about to have the mother of all periods, or pregnant and getting BFNs. Can I just have your opinions and/or personal experiences please?

Thank you xxx

NearTheWindmill Wed 19-Feb-14 08:54:28

Goodness me. Can't you just see what happens over the next week and then do another test.

Why the hurry?

LittleBitOfThis Wed 19-Feb-14 09:01:56

Thanks NTW. I will be doing that. It's nice to talk about things when something is worrying/bothering you though, isn't it?

HypodeemicNerdle Wed 19-Feb-14 09:09:46

Yikes windmill that was a bit harsh.

No specific experience littlebit but I wonder if your hormones are still settling down, it may take a few months to go back to your regular cycle. My guess would be that even if you are pregnant that it's a bit early for symptoms to be showing but I am not an expert!

Amy106 Wed 19-Feb-14 09:19:11

It seems too early to know for sure. You certainly could be but only time will tell. I know the waiting part is awful but I really hope it all works out for you. Now be strong and step away from the pregancy tests for a few days. smile

Nerfmother Wed 19-Feb-14 09:28:02

Suspect it's unlikely you are pregnant tbh. One of the five tests would have looked hopeful. Plus every time I've had significant symptoms I've had a positive test.

AuntieBrenda Wed 19-Feb-14 09:53:56

I've just had a chemical pg - all the symptoms followed by a couple of positive tests, then negative, then af arriving.
My advice would be to try your best to leave it a few days then do a test. If you're still feeling ill, visit the gp as it could be hormonal settling down etc.
good luck mate.

LittleBitOfThis Wed 19-Feb-14 10:03:45

Thanks for your replies. I guess my gut feeling is that I'm not when I really stop and take a minute. I'm definitely extremely hormonal right now though, which is probably why this feels like such a big deal. It's also probably a sign that AF is right around the corner and why I feel so yuk, but you just find yourself pinning your hopes on every tiny feeling don't you?! :-(

Going to leave it now. Most replies have confirmed what I pretty much thought deep down, so the best I can hope for is to feel better soon!

Thanks again xxx

LittleBitOfThis Sun 23-Feb-14 17:55:57

Thought I'd update... just got my BFP! grin Hurrah!

ChristmasYoni Sun 23-Feb-14 17:57:41

Congratulations!

MissieEverdeen Sun 23-Feb-14 17:57:41

That's lovely, congratulations!

CantUnderstandNewtonsTheory Sun 23-Feb-14 17:58:21

Congratulations flowers

Finola1step Sun 23-Feb-14 18:01:13

Congratulations thanks

HypodeemicNerdle Sun 23-Feb-14 18:08:57

Ooh how exciting! Congratulations!

ReadyToPopAndFresh Sun 23-Feb-14 18:11:55

was about to post that you were too early too test, but sound pregnant... I am so psychic grin

No I am the same though, I get symptoms from literally like the day I get pregnant. It make pregnancy long and miserable for me!

WitchWay Sun 23-Feb-14 19:11:37

Agree - you sounded pregnant to me. Even the early tests depend upon a certain concentration of beta HCG in the urine to show positive - too early & you think you aren't. I felt symptoms right from implantation, at least a week before my missed period & showed a positive test when a week late.

BuzzardBird Sun 23-Feb-14 19:13:40

Congratulations! What the hell is AF? AnyFucker?

OneUp Sun 23-Feb-14 19:23:24

Aunt Flow

Amy106 Sun 23-Feb-14 19:44:13

Congratulations and best wishes! thanks

LittleBitOfThis Sun 23-Feb-14 20:13:54

Thank you all! The more days that have passed, the more I have started to really 'feel' pregnant. The symptoms were there and I just KNEW for the past day and a half. Resisted testing and so happy to FINALLY see that flippin' line! smile x

ThePinkOcelot Sun 23-Feb-14 20:14:43

Awww congratulations!!

UrethraFranklin Sun 23-Feb-14 20:34:10

Congratulations! grin

Nerfmother Sun 23-Feb-14 22:09:33

Yay! So pleased for you smile

1stworldissue Sun 23-Feb-14 22:13:49

Congratulations I was about to say it was unlikely! Will keep my neb out of future poas threads grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now