Talk

Advanced search

That this pissed me right off?

(17 Posts)
MolotovCocktail Tue 18-Feb-14 20:10:51

I was in a Eat today with my two children (age 5yo and almost 2yo). The restaurant was really busy and we were forced into the high-chair type seats they have. With my squirming 22mo, this wasn't easy.

My eyes met a group if three women who had commandeered two centre tables. They had quite a few children between them who were all eating home-made sandwiches.

It pissed me off that I'd bought stuff from Eat yet was struggling on these really uncomfortable chairs because some (who I felt were) inconsiderate people who were not paying customers had plonked themselves on the best seats.

If I did that, I'm pretty sure I'd have been asked to leave.

I didn't say anything as I was with my children ans didn't have the enerfy for fuss today.

But WIBU for being proper fucking fucked off at the time?

MolotovCocktail Tue 18-Feb-14 20:11:52

*and

*energy

(sorry for type-o's blush )

formerbabe Tue 18-Feb-14 20:12:57

YANBU but what makes you think you would have been asked to leave but they weren't?

Hassled Tue 18-Feb-14 20:14:12

You're mixing up 2 issues. No, they shouldn't have brought home-made sandwiches but that's Eat's issue, not yours. But yes, they can sit wherever and if you weren't struggling in the crap seats you wouldn't have really noticed.

Who you should be fucked off with is the twat who first thought "I know, I'll sell ridiculously high, narrow, twirly seats to sandwich chains".

Caitlin17 Tue 18-Feb-14 20:14:40

Is this genuine or a wind up from the other thread? If genuine you are not being unreasonable and the other women are selfish.

Caitlin17 Tue 18-Feb-14 20:16:03

No the people she should be hacked off with are the women who think restaurants are really public, free picnic sites.

MolotovCocktail Tue 18-Feb-14 20:27:40

I'm 100% genuine. Absolutely not trolling and have been a MNetter for a couple of years now smile

songlark Tue 18-Feb-14 20:28:57

I presume you mean you'd have been asked to leave if you'd done that because these women were the sort the staff wouldn't have wanted to confront? That's why they did what they did, women like that get away with things like that by coming across as confrontational. They know they will get away with things like that that most of us wouldn't have the cheek to do.

Sparklingbrook Tue 18-Feb-14 20:32:22

YANBU. I would have had a word with the staff-that is out of order.

There's a thread about lunchboxes taken to cafes Molotov-that might be the confusion.

MolotovCocktail Tue 18-Feb-14 20:34:12

Just that I'd never 'get away' with anything like that. And they were unabashed; brazen; not hiding it at all.

And it was that I was really struggling.

MolotovCocktail Tue 18-Feb-14 21:44:35

Thanks sparkling: I'll check that thread out smile

I'm glad from here, however, that it seems I wasn't being completely unreasonable.

Sparklingbrook Tue 18-Feb-14 21:47:56

Be prepared for a bumpy read Molotov.

MolotovCocktail Tue 18-Feb-14 21:49:54

Oh, I can quite imagine the furore ... smile

emsyj Tue 18-Feb-14 21:51:14

I would have just snitched mentioned it to a member of staff and let them deal with it. Just like I do regularly at the local swimming pool when selfish other parents leave all their clothes etc in the two large changing rooms (with baby changing tables) to 'bagsy' them during the baby swim session (I even witnessed one mum reaching under the door to pull her bag up against it and block it - she was telling her friend as she did it that it was to make it look like the room was taken and save it for after their swim). They get away with it because nobody does anything.

Theresadogonyourballs Tue 18-Feb-14 22:05:53

Emsyj - that was happening at my local pool too, my fabulous and fearless friend simply swept in one day when the offenders were in the pool, scooped up all the discarded gear and loudly informed an attendant, 'Someone's left all their stuff here instead of putting it in a locker - you'd better store it all for them in case it gets pinched". The alpha mummies were outraged, but what could they say? It was bloody brilliant! grin

emsyj Tue 18-Feb-14 22:32:01

I'm pretty sure that 'bag at the door mum' saw and heard me report her to the pool attendant. I was initially going to approach her myself, then I just thought it would be better for the person in charge to do it.

The other day I had taken DD1 to her swimming lesson and DD2 did a poo. The only changing tables available are in the group change rooms, of which there are only 2. There are no changing tables in the toilets. So I took DD2 into one of the rooms which was deserted but contained a load of abandoned clothes and shoes and began changing her. The mum who had decided to 'reserve' the whole group changing room for her little darlings (who were well old enough to be changing in individual cubicles without any assistance) was catbumfaced when she found me in there, but what could she say? I didn't even look up or acknowledge her, just changed DD2 and then swept out. I do absolutely loathe selfishness in every form. I only wish I had been switched-on enough to lock the door behind me when I went in!

Supercosy Tue 18-Feb-14 22:33:02

I think that is really cheeky of them. I would've been very frustrated by that situation too. You don't go into a cafe or restaurant with lunchboxes, the only exception being if you have a child with allergies or a really little one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now