Talk

Advanced search

To ask for ideas for jurassic fancy dress

(4 Posts)
crazykat Tue 18-Feb-14 16:29:29

My dd has a fancy dress coming up at school and its jurassic themed.

She doesn't want to go as a dinosaur. She's asked to go as a ranger like the ones in jurassic park.

The problem is I can't find any outfits that aren't expensive and I don't really want to spend £20+ for something that will get worn once.

I was thinking of jeans, green/black tshirt, with an explorer style waistcoat and hat. But again I either can't find any to fit or they're expensive.

Any ideas of where to get an outfit or clothes to make one that's around £10?

FauxFox Tue 18-Feb-14 16:34:33

idiana jone outfit? minus whip + binoculars possibly?

FauxFox Tue 18-Feb-14 16:40:59

Primark is good too - I got a waistcoat in the mens dpt for a couple of pounds that my son has worn for various fancy dress days.

Can you just go with the jeans/t-shirt and customise a baseball cap to have a Jurassic Park Ranger logo (m,aybe do it on the back of the T-shirt or a cheap sweatshirt too? Felt cut out letters and wunderweb?

Mynxie Tue 18-Feb-14 18:29:34

Get a short sleeved shirt and baggy shorts from a charity shop if you don't have any old ones at home, then cut jagged 'rips' in the shirt with a bit of red felt tip around them to look as if she's had a narrow escape. We also printed the logo from an image on the net and stuck it on the front of a plain baseball hat, and made a 'pass' that was worn on a lanyard like a necklace.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now