Talk

Advanced search

Should I let my 14 year old DS have a sleepover with 2 girls and 2 boys (including himself)

(4 Posts)
Coolmummy69 Mon 17-Feb-14 14:02:46

My 14 year old ds thinks that it is reasonable to let him have 2 girls and one boy sleep round? At the moment I am saying no because I think that the girls mothers will not be happy. My son is NOT sexually active. I have said that I want to talk to the girls parents but my son says that this is deeply embarrassing and "no one does that any more, we're teenagers now, not 5 year olds". He has been very good lately and has helped me out around the house lots today. He is generally quite mature and responsible. Am I being unreasonable?

whomadeyougod Mon 17-Feb-14 14:05:55

i would say yes to the sleepover, but i would speak to all the other parents to let them know who is staying over .

MostWicked Mon 17-Feb-14 14:23:07

I think it is up to the other parents to decide if they are happy with the arrangements. I remember going to a party at a similar age and there were about 6 of us (boys & girls) who all shared a room that night. There was absolutely nothing untoward going on, we were just mates.

NearTheWindmill Mon 17-Feb-14 14:25:24

I would say no. Mine are now 19 and 15 (nearly 16). Where does yes at 14 stop and no at 15 start?

If you have enough room for spare rooms and if you can speak to the other parents then possibly, but only a tiny possibly. Why can't the girls go back to one of theirs for a sleepover?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now