Talk

Advanced search

To give up on Breaking Bad on the middle of Season 5?

(62 Posts)
GoodnessKnows Sun 16-Feb-14 23:47:05

I tried to enjoy it / bore with it at the start, got into it before first season was out and am now bored - having found it difficult to focus ok it without doing two things at once --reading magazines, face booking, MNing (hence missing important story-threads).

GoodnessKnows Sun 16-Feb-14 23:48:00

'On' is 'in'

GoodnessKnows Sun 16-Feb-14 23:48:45

'ok'' is 'on'.
There's a reason for the opinion to view post before posting, isn't there. Lol

BelieveinWigan Sun 16-Feb-14 23:48:57

YABVVVVVVU HOW? FINISH IT PLEASE IT IS WORTH IT

kotinka Sun 16-Feb-14 23:49:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

trashcansinatra Sun 16-Feb-14 23:51:50

You absolutely HAVE to finish it. It is great...!

NannyLouise29 Sun 16-Feb-14 23:52:49

You need to get to the end! You're so close!!!

BrianTheMole Sun 16-Feb-14 23:52:58

Noooooo! This is the most unreasonable thing I have ever heard. Stick with it.

nirishma Sun 16-Feb-14 23:54:32

Put down the phone and the magazines and watch the damn thing. This series got me through early hellish days of hour long breastfeeds at five in the morning. YABVU!

sydlexic Sun 16-Feb-14 23:55:33

I watched two episodes and it did nothing for me, everyone says I should persevere.

Don't bother.

randomAXEofkindness Sun 16-Feb-14 23:57:52

You are being extremely unreasonable.

Give it the respect it deserves. Step away from the Take a Break.

scarletforya Mon 17-Feb-14 00:01:04

Yabvu.

It's the best thing I've seen in years.

spritesoright Mon 17-Feb-14 00:07:26

I'm 5 episodes in and can't get into it. How did you get to 5 series?
Should I persevere?

TulipOHare Mon 17-Feb-14 00:14:18

Put down the phone and the magazines and watch the damn thing

This! x 10000000.

Drives me batty when people do that grin

ijustwanttobeme Mon 17-Feb-14 00:29:42

I have just finished season 5. Am waiting for DS to catch up ( currently on season 3), so we can watch the final season together.

He was a bit meh to start off with but has now become addicted to it.

I loved The Wire but I think this beats that hands down.

Stick with it- no point in giving up now OP; there's only 12 episodes left ( rest of 5 and all of final) .

cupofcake Mon 17-Feb-14 00:32:50

You have to see it!!!!

GoodnessKnows Mon 17-Feb-14 09:18:33

How did I get so far in if bored?
Simples: spinal surgery with cruddy hospital Wii Fi and only 4 tv channels that I couldn't see from laying on my side. Lol
I
Had
No
Choice

But I'll stick at it despite becoming quite depressed and using hard-core druggy language in my texts .

mumofthemonsters808 Mon 17-Feb-14 09:37:13

I adored the series from the first episode, I think it's probably the best thing I have ever watched on television. I thought Series 5 and 6 were the strongest. It's not like me to enjoy TV that has a mass following, but for me this broke the mould, I thought it was fabulous. You've come so far, you might as well see how it ends, but I understand if it's not for you, it must be painful, we all have different taste. It did nothing for my OH also,which I could not get my head around and resulted in lots of petty arguments.

I tried the Wire but could not get into it, despite knowing lots of people who love it. I did not like the language in it, I'm not a prude but I don't like the effing and jeffing from every character in every single sentence (I sound a right killjoy).Each to their own

Chivetalking Mon 17-Feb-14 09:40:13

Haven't seen it but if I'd watched something that far I'd stick with it.

Says she who still hasn't botheres to catch up with the very last series of 'House' hmm

Chivetalking Mon 17-Feb-14 09:40:50

bothered grrr

Ellisisland Mon 17-Feb-14 09:40:59

There are only 5 series of breaking bad so if you have got this far then finish it because it's amazing. But if you are texting and reading then you will have missed loads as it's a show you have to pay attention to, to really appreciate.

rumbelina Mon 17-Feb-14 09:42:18

I am in the middle of series 4 but thought there were 5 series. Are there 6??

laregina Mon 17-Feb-14 09:42:33

YABVU!

Breaking Bad is the best thing I have seen on tv (ok, on blu ray) for a long time. The acting (all characters, no exceptions) is incredible.

Although you've clearly not given it a chance if you're not giving it 100% of your attention.

Am going to leave the thread now though as I only have about three episodes left to watch of the final season and I'm scared someone will give the ending away shock

laregina Mon 17-Feb-14 09:48:01

But PS to the poster who mentioned The Wire - I tried to watch the first ever episode of this a few nights ago - I gave up after about 20 minutes because I just couldn't get into it.

Should I persevere? I have a bit of a thing for Idris Elba but he didn't even seem to be in it much....

Strawdolly Mon 17-Feb-14 09:53:39

AIBU to say to the OP "Yo, biiitch, keep watching"? grin

Hope you're on the road to recovery now thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now