Talk

Advanced search

or wwyd? passport delivered to wrong house

(13 Posts)
superbagpuss Sun 16-Feb-14 16:01:08

we live in a private estate, can be a bit of a rabbit warren but post/deliveries normally get to us OK

nice man from a different street but same number just dropped in with our DC passports and birth certificates from the passport office

we paid extra to get the secure service

seems they were delivered by DX - anyone know about this

I will call tomorrow to complain but should I expect anything?

nice man says they were on his mat when he got back from holiday, not signed for or anything

NickNacks Sun 16-Feb-14 16:03:37

Expect anything? Like what?

VanitasVanitatum Sun 16-Feb-14 16:05:21

You should get a refund on the extra you paid for the secure service. Lucky it went to a nice neighbour!

chutneypig Sun 16-Feb-14 16:05:23

My children's passports arrived together yesterday, on the doormat when we got back from a trip out, clearly labelled as passports. Their birth certificates came back separately last week, in two different types of envelope, which surprised me.

To be honest, I can't recall the details of how it should have been returned (we went for the check and send option for dispatching the documents) but I was surprised no signing was required and that they were so obviously passports. It did seem to be asking for trouble.

thedogwakesuptoodamnearly Sun 16-Feb-14 16:06:07

I'd complain. Try social@thedx.co.uk if you haven't got any contact details.

Nomama Sun 16-Feb-14 16:07:56

Oh you so need to blow a gasket about that!

Not just because of the contents but because you paid for the secure service and did not get it. They MUST be held to account for that.

BIG complaint, copy passport office, MP and anyone else you can think of. There is no excuse they can hide behind....

And no, I am not being sarcastic, I HATE courier companies who do this. I once wrote a complaint letter to one courier company that included the word fraud - I got a letter back threatening me with court action for defamation.... I wrote back asking them to please arrange the court date at their earliest convenience... I got compensation almost by return of post smile

greentshirt Sun 16-Feb-14 16:17:31

I think DX take a photo of the door they have delivered to to avoid the having to be in to sign for it thing so presumably they will also have photographic evidence that its the wrong door!

I'd complain, lucky the neighbour brought them round!

chutneypig Sun 16-Feb-14 16:18:54

I just had a look at the .gov website and they gave return options as this:

"hand your passport to you if you’re at home
deliver your passport with the rest of your post
leave you a card or send you a letter to tell you where to collect your passport or how to arrange redelivery
The ‘missed delivery’ card or letter won’t say that the package contains your passport."

It sounds to me like yours were returned by the standard method,like ours as we didn't pay extra, rather than the extra secure method you paid for. They need to explain that and how it went to the wrong address as well.

canweseethebunnies Sun 16-Feb-14 17:19:58

Same thing happened to me last year. Not sure I paid for secure service, but still not good!

The kind people who brought it round live about 10 mins walk away, and had to trek up a massive hill to brng them to me. I was so grateful, as I'd got them fast tracked and was going away the next day. Never got round to complaining.

honestpointofview Sun 16-Feb-14 18:04:11

Evening Super

I am really puzzled how they delivered it by DX. Dx is a postal system used by law firms and businesses dealing in legal matters such as mortgage companies. It can also be used by companies who have a legal department. Either way you have to have a DX address for them to delivery too. DX does not just delivery to a house on a one off. So i am really really puzzled. Something definitely went wrong.

BikeRunSki Sun 16-Feb-14 18:09:10

When my passport was delivered the gov courier man took a photo of me, my house and my car to cross reference.

Fwiw, my work uses dx for deliveries and we are not legal or financial. We are a gov agency, though, like the passport office, so maybe the service has been expanded a bit.

honestpointofview Sun 16-Feb-14 18:22:46

Hi Bike - Yes sorry you are right Government departments and public sector are users as well as legal.

Super just looked they also have a separate business called DX secure which they say delivers passports credit cards, tickets etc. Sorry I did not know they had that side of the business. My fault, my last post was incorrect.

superbagpuss Sun 16-Feb-14 19:49:28

thanks everyone

I will give them a call and see where that gets me

agreed I should at least get my money back for secure delivery

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now