Talk

Advanced search

To have finally had enough and

(5 Posts)
StupidMistakes Sun 16-Feb-14 15:20:21

Phoned the police. We have had various issues with the boys downstairs, coming into our flat, eating our food, doing drugs, well last week they were evicted, great or so we thought, but not so, this afternoon I came home after having stayed at my best friends house yesterday, to their old flat door having been forced, and clear damage to our door where they had tried to force that too.

I had already phoned the police to report an incident on Friday morning, of someone had been in my room whilst I was going toilet without me knowing <it was the only time my door wasn't locked, when I got in the bath I locked it n keys were with me> and took my oyster <with money on> and had opened my purse and put it back both of which were in my bag.

The boys were found in their old flat, however as the police have no proof they aren't permitted to be there <ie a baliffs warrant> they cant do anything, until the landlord <who is also our landlord> gets in contact, and as its an agency they aren't open today, so first thing tomorrow I need to phone them.

AIBU to have phoned the police, despite knowing that one of the boys is on a Youth restraining order, and they have just been made homeless?

ForgettableTampon Sun 16-Feb-14 15:23:26

ofc YANBU

how horrible to find your door's been the target of attempted forced entry

Nomama Sun 16-Feb-14 15:24:46

They have just made themselves homeless.....

Don't do that dogoodery thing. Their behaviour had consequences... let them live through them...

...and make sure you contact everyone you can, email now, phone in the morning.

YouseewhathappensLarry Sun 16-Feb-14 15:27:51

Can you get CCTV to protect your own property?

StupidMistakes Sun 16-Feb-14 15:39:41

I haven't got the finances to afford cctv, and even if I did, they aren't likely to try and kick the door off again as they now have somewhere to be <there old flat>

Unfortunately I wasn't in as otherwise when they were kicking it I would have called the police right then and there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now