Talk

Advanced search

To think that there's people on here who just want to be argumentative and entirely miss the point of the thread??

(50 Posts)
Blueuggboots Sun 16-Feb-14 14:54:25

I read a lot of the posts on MN.
Recently, it seems to me that people are just out to be bloody arsey with each other and completely miss the point of the thread they've commented on.
The poor OP who had to eat thrown away leftovers who someone moaned at because she called her food leftover pot something they didn't think it should be called, never mind that fact that she's being financially and mentally abused??!
Or the posters who got all stroppy with the frankly ridiculous poster about the marshmallows in costa.
Whatever happened to having a laugh on here??!
I did love the poster who accidentally propositioned her FIL though!!!

TalkieToaster Sun 16-Feb-14 14:55:36

No, you're completely wrong. (See what I did there?) wink

VestaCurry Sun 16-Feb-14 14:58:20

Yes. It's like crows picking at carrion sometimes grin.

Pigletin Sun 16-Feb-14 14:58:42

For a pit of a laugh, read the thread about the OP who received a picture of a penis smile

Pigletin Sun 16-Feb-14 14:58:50

*a bit

Morgause Sun 16-Feb-14 15:01:04

YA so NBU

Nomama Sun 16-Feb-14 15:02:10

Marshmallows in Costa? I must have missed that one smile

But yes, get a cobby moan on and post on AIBU.

It's the law confused

sadbodyblue Sun 16-Feb-14 15:04:05

yes but sometimes posters are fucking annoying. obviously not me ever ever. grin

Ledkr Sun 16-Feb-14 15:05:28

Yes there are people who are poised ready for an argument at all times, gets on my feckkng tits.

sadbodyblue Sun 16-Feb-14 15:05:42

Nomama 'cobby' haven't heard that for years but my mate from Liverpool used to have 'a cob on'

is it a Liverpool expression as love it?

tripecity Sun 16-Feb-14 15:06:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Blueuggboots Sun 16-Feb-14 15:42:02

Look up "potentially lethal marshmallow" - it was quite funny until people got really fucking stroppy about it!!

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Sun 16-Feb-14 15:46:49

Where's the thread about the poster who propositioned her FIL? That sounds like fun! grin

Nomama Sun 16-Feb-14 15:58:39

Yup, and I am scouse. 'Getting a cob on' is the same as getting arsey, having a face like a well smacked arse, being all mardy, mardy bum... mmm, lots of nether regions there smile

I think they are all a bit antwacky now, though. There must be some new terms... anyone?

Beanymonster Sun 16-Feb-14 16:05:41

The marshmallow one is worth a read...... Paha, I agree, I've been on mn for 2 years and never once posted in Aibu because I'm scared, mainly.. but it is tipping over to they areas!

Blueuggboots Sun 16-Feb-14 16:40:39

"Dying of shame - just propositioned the FIL" is the title.

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Sun 16-Feb-14 16:49:53

Thanks Blueugg, off to find it now.

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Sun 16-Feb-14 16:53:19

I can't find it... sad <weeps>

flowery Sun 16-Feb-14 16:54:05

Some people need to criticize and put down others in order to make themselves feel superior, I find, or to make themselves feel better about choices they've made. I think many of the posters you refer to probably fall into that category OP.

AcaciaBeez Sun 16-Feb-14 17:16:47

Lying here you go with the lethal marshmallow

AcaciaBeez Sun 16-Feb-14 17:17:37

whoops sorry thnk you meant the fil one here

ChocolateWombat Sun 16-Feb-14 17:20:27

You are right.
Some of the AIBU posts do invite a range of opinions and debates. Perhaps these more than any other attract strong counter views.
I have to say, I have sometimes come away from these feeling like there has been a big fight. Who needs this....MN is meant to be what we do in our free time.

In most posts, just asking for info, I really can't understand why people get so aggressive.

Blueuggboots Sun 16-Feb-14 17:38:08

I feel the same chocolate wombat - and whilst some posts require responses that aren't always what they want to hear, I think there are ways and means of saying it!!

ItitwrongtofancyHarryStyles Sun 16-Feb-14 17:39:46

For God's sake, how many threads are there going to be about this?!

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Sun 16-Feb-14 17:40:01

AcaciaBeez... you are an Angel, thank you! thankscakewinebrewthanks <is very pleased grin>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now