Talk

Advanced search

To shamelessly procrastinate?

(35 Posts)
SayCoolNowSayWhip Sun 16-Feb-14 13:38:22

I have a 10 000 word dissertation to write. The first draft needs to be handed in in just under 2 weeks.

I have come back to MN today after months of a self-enforced ban for timewasting when I should be working.

I'm an idiot, aren't I....

Does anyone have any wine?

Sparklingbrook Sun 16-Feb-14 13:39:43

wine

I have been 'about to go an buy a chicken for dinner' for about 3 hours now.

<joins procrastination quiche>

jedishelly1 Sun 16-Feb-14 13:40:23

Haven't you heard the old adage about procrastination? It's like masturbation. It feels good at the time, but in the end, you're only fucking yourself!

ninah Sun 16-Feb-14 13:40:32

you are procrastinating shamelessly. Get rid of the split infinitive and yanbu
1000 words a day is do-able

SayCoolNowSayWhip Sun 16-Feb-14 13:41:02

Was it supposed to be for lunch Sparkling? I don't think you'll make it even for a late lunch now.... grin

Wine can only help my poor laboured brain cells, yes?

SayCoolNowSayWhip Sun 16-Feb-14 13:44:34

Ah, don't get me started on the split infinitive. I hold the controversial view that there is nothing wrong with a good old split infinitive. I follow the Orwell rule to ignore all prescriptive grammarian rules if they do not make for a smooth and succinct phrase.

Also, the split infinitive is a moot point anyway. But as I said, don't get me started.....

Sparklingbrook Sun 16-Feb-14 13:45:15

It will have to be dinner now SayCool, I am going out any minute. I have no make up on though. Must put some on really.....

wine

ninah Sun 16-Feb-14 13:48:24

grin I knew that would help you with the time wasting!
why not have the wine and really go for it tomorrow?
I have half a chicken, sparkling ...

Sparklingbrook Sun 16-Feb-14 13:49:38

grin ninah. Send it over!

Do you think if I go out half an hour before they close I will get a bargainous chicken?

ninah Sun 16-Feb-14 13:51:37

lol it's a bit dry and mangled.
I hope you get a bargain, I want to hear that procrastination pays!

SayCoolNowSayWhip Sun 16-Feb-14 13:52:01

See, now I'm skim reading, and the picture of the wine with all the sparkling thrown into the mix is now just making me want champagne. Damn you, MNers! <shakes fist>

I MUST get something done today. DH has taken the kids out for the afternoon in order to give me some peace and quiet. I must make it worth it!

<sighs>

<drinks wine>

I could really do with a chicken. Half an hour before closing sounds perfect for chicken bargains, sparkling (I may now call you Champagne)

Sparklingbrook Sun 16-Feb-14 13:53:14

YY i will stalk the mark down man/woman round the shop and get a huge chicken for 5p. grin

ninah Sun 16-Feb-14 13:53:42

child free opportunity? now that's different! put down the wine AND the chicken and GET OFF HERE, woman!

ninah Sun 16-Feb-14 13:54:37

you know on holiday they serve wine IN big chicken decanters ...

ninah Sun 16-Feb-14 13:56:08

MMM
< * !
! !
coq au vin

ninah Sun 16-Feb-14 13:56:43

oops went crooked
coq'd that up

Chippednailvarnish Sun 16-Feb-14 13:56:48

Can I scare you into working OP?

The morning we had to hand in our dissertations, my flatmate realized after spending six months smoking and hand wringing, that amongst other things he hadn't done a bibliography.

He failed, had to re-submit and got a crap degree...

Any help?

SayCoolNowSayWhip Sun 16-Feb-14 13:57:12

Oooh, chicken sized wine.....

Seriously, why oh why did I choose today to go back onto MN? And what is this magical hold it has over me? Aaarrgh!

5p chicken? Pick one up for me, Champers.

SayCoolNowSayWhip Sun 16-Feb-14 13:58:40

Chipped - yes! Keep telling me stuff like that. I really need to do this. I'm a mature student (hahaha) and have really worked hard (most of the time) as well as sacrificing time with my kids etc etc. It's only going to be worth it if I get a first, or at the very least a 2:1.

<Prises self away from MN>

Chippednailvarnish Sun 16-Feb-14 14:02:11

Think of how much money your degree is costing - failure is not an option.

Now Fuck Off and get on with your work.

wink

Sparklingbrook Sun 16-Feb-14 14:02:22

Right SayCool I am going out on a chicken hunt as soon as i have put some slap on-so you get cracking too, and i will come back and kick you up the bum check on you in a bit. smile

EatShitDerek Sun 16-Feb-14 14:03:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Chippednailvarnish Sun 16-Feb-14 14:06:53

You don't want to be the MN version of Peter Griffin - I bet he didn't graduate!

I too will follow Sparkling and am going to leave you to it. I want a 1000 words by 6pm and I will be back to check ( hoists non-existing bosoms).

SayCoolNowSayWhip Sun 16-Feb-14 14:13:21

Thank you Sparkling Champers and Chipped. I am off to do my 1000 words.

Eatshit - that is NOT helping. I fucking LOVE Scandal. Am now anxiously awaiting the next episode which isn't released until, happily, the day before my draft dissertation is due!

Chippednailvarnish Sun 16-Feb-14 20:10:12

Well cool how far did you get?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now