Talk

Advanced search

No fast food, no votes for men!

(15 Posts)
ApocalypseThen Sun 16-Feb-14 12:41:48

Feeling quite boycotty these days!

I notice that these days, crappy fast food places are hawking their rubber wares to men with a side order of nastiness towards women. Is it unreasonable to boycott them?

Also, will only vote for women in the future. What do ye reckon?

peggyundercrackers Sun 16-Feb-14 12:43:43

eh? are you living in a parallel universe?

ApocalypseThen Sun 16-Feb-14 12:45:26

No, why?

BrownSauceSandwich Sun 16-Feb-14 12:45:27

Huh?

MrsMagnificent Sun 16-Feb-14 12:47:20

I think the OP is referring to a sexist advert for a fast food place.

Couldn't tell you what it said or who it was for but I'm sure I saw something a few weeks ago on a bus shelter that made me hmm

MrsMagnificent Sun 16-Feb-14 12:47:57

BK maybe?

Bigbrassband Sun 16-Feb-14 13:41:43

I saw a KFC thing recently which was beyond moronic. Couldn't decide whether it was more insulting to the idiotic men on the ad, or the unseen woman who was the subject of their discussion.

BackforGood Sun 16-Feb-14 14:30:07

Like Peggy, I have no idea what you are talking about. If you want to refer to a particular advertising campaign, then mention it (or preferably link) so people can join in your discussion, but an OP like that just doesn't make any sense.

AntlersInAllOfMyDecorating Sun 16-Feb-14 14:32:36

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

tripecity Sun 16-Feb-14 15:02:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Objection Sun 16-Feb-14 15:07:52

are you referring to the KFC ad where there are 3 blokes going on about one of their extremely controlling girlfriend?

Alisvolatpropiis Sun 16-Feb-14 16:22:37

I too have no idea what you're talking about.

Birdsgottafly Sun 16-Feb-14 16:27:50

Do you expect better, though?

How else are they going to advertise?

Based on their ethical trading?

Quality of the food produced?

Health benefits?

Or come up with an advert that will appeal to their target audience of Immature Men/Teens.

Let them continue, hopefully it will put some thinking people off from eating out of them.

NoelOfLorst Sun 16-Feb-14 16:27:59

KFC ad I think, I saw it last night and thought hmm

Caitlin17 Sun 16-Feb-14 16:46:05

Even if KFC could persuade all of George Clooney, Emmylou Harris, David Mitchell (the writer, not the other one) Mark Lanegan, Tilda Swinton, Kate Atkinson , Grayson Perry and mad, sweary Jamie from In The Thick of It (being a random selection of my favourite people) to appear in a KFC advert I'd still not buy their food.

The adverts really are the least reason not to eat there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now