Talk

Advanced search

to tell you that you shouldn't feed your toddlers deep fried food?

(42 Posts)
VegetariansTasteLikeChicken Sun 16-Feb-14 11:08:43

I made onion rings and falafel (because I am pregnant and I needed it) for lunch yesterday.

I am being punished today. Honestly the smell is horrific, I walked in to a onion fart fug this morning and the nappies have been evil.

Didn't someone link to charcoal pants once? Wonder if they do charcoal nappies? hmm

Of course you shouldn't give your children deep fried food! You should keep all that crunchy deliciousness for yourself!

Bloody amateurs. grin

SqutterNutBaush Sun 16-Feb-14 11:10:57

I thought you were going to be preachy about some randomer feeding their child a chippy grin

YANBU.

You do get charcoal insets for cloth nappies btw.

YouLoveItDoreen Sun 16-Feb-14 11:12:40

Whatttt! I was going to make falafel this week, shall I just make something else for DS? Although, he had an overload of carrots this week and they seemed to produce a variety of smells.

TheScience Sun 16-Feb-14 11:14:00

DS loves onion rings, but he's only ever had them from the pub/takeaway - never homemade grin

Monetbyhimself Sun 16-Feb-14 11:15:06

You can MAKE your own falafel ??? shock

How ?

Twighlightsparkle Sun 16-Feb-14 11:16:20

Feed the toddler burnt toast all day

VegetariansTasteLikeChicken Sun 16-Feb-14 11:26:10

the onion rings were homemade. The falafel came from an ASDA mix I deeepfried myself grin

Honestly, dh says we can't take them outside around people. I can't be left inside with them. It's not fair.

STDG definitely a school girl mistake. <weeps>

As long as you have learned from it. <<patronising>>

VegetariansTasteLikeChicken Sun 16-Feb-14 11:40:05

Christ, how couldn't I

<wafts the air, throws children outside>

Now you need brew and cake!

OutNumberedByBlue2 Sun 16-Feb-14 12:23:37

We have had similar 'special' nappies from ds1 & 2 this week. Ds1 is the toddling equivalent of a Dyson & will eat anything you give him plus anything his brother drops Ds2 we need to get the extra fat into so we thought why not?!

Our wheelie bin now needs a toxic waste sign... blush

Panzee Sun 16-Feb-14 12:24:50

We have antibiotics nappies this week <retches>

Ohwhatfuckeryisthis Sun 16-Feb-14 12:26:37

Wait till the chick pea poo comes through. Pebble dash.

I bet there aren't going to be many threads like this on that new parenting website (Glow, I think it is called) - the one that is all about beautiful pictures of Perfect yummy mummies and their equally Perfect children!

I bet none of their children ever do toxic nappies! grin

Innogen Sun 16-Feb-14 12:37:02

Yabu for sharing onion rings!

MimsyBorogroves Sun 16-Feb-14 12:49:04

DS had fish and chips for lunch last week. Those nappies were delightful.

TempusFuckit Sun 16-Feb-14 12:51:49

Whenever I feed mine falafel, their nappies smell just like the loos at Glastonbury.

Whereisegg Sun 16-Feb-14 13:07:02

You definitely shouldn't be sharing lovely fried food with ungrateful toddlers.

I do not have a secret stash of angel delight, and I NEVER feed the dc lovely fresh homemade dinners and stuff my face with nuggets and smiley faces once they are in bed.

pointythings Sun 16-Feb-14 13:49:43

Our worst was cod and spinach. It was a horror movie of a nappy. DH dealt with it, for which I will love him forever.

VegetariansTasteLikeChicken Sun 16-Feb-14 13:53:56

Whenever I feed mine falafel, their nappies smell just like the loos at Glastonbury.

That would be a huge improvement on the situation.

Seriously.

CaffeinatedKitten Sun 16-Feb-14 13:56:07

Smallspawn is teething, I feel your pain, as his nappies are horrific. He had cowboy casserole this week, lots of beans and garlic and veg. Oh my word. I froze half, and am thinking it needs to be put in a hazmat containergrin

CitrusyOne Sun 16-Feb-14 13:57:35

Panzee anti biotic nappies are vile. In fact dd required a bath every time she shat for about a week, and it all culminated in 12 poo Monday.

Figs were bad too.

CitrusyOne Sun 16-Feb-14 13:58:31

Is it just me that thinks kitten froze half of the nappy? shock

YouLoveItDoreen Sun 16-Feb-14 14:01:04

I was going to follow this recipe I'll make sure I place a generous amount of Vicks vapour rub under my nose for the week as I await the arrival for the Glasto-fumes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now