Talk

Advanced search

To tell my partner about a particularly difficult day?

(6 Posts)
cookiemonster5678 Sat 15-Feb-14 21:58:56

Had a lovely morning out with our 4 week old baby, he was peaceful and quiet, sleepy, and happy to be passed around family for cuddles.

Once i got home and my partner left to go out with friends for a couple of hours he whinged and cried the whole time, nothing calmed him down. I tried EVERYTHING!

I am shattered, i have to deal with this throughout the week, so weekend is usually nice to have my partner around so difficult times can be shared. I suppose i was a little frustrated that as soon i was alone the inconsolable crying started. I am aware this cant be helped and is absolutely nobodies fault, still a little frustrating though... But i dealt with it and eventually got him settled after a couple of hours.

Anyway, when my partner returned and asked how we had been i told him. He became a bit uptight and suggested i wad trying to make him feel guilty for going out. He also said there isn't any point moaning about it, as some days will be difficult. Why ask me if thats how he feels?

I wasn't 'moaning', i was just telling him how his son had been, and said i was tired. I have been left feeling like i should just keep my mouth shut and not tell anybody when i have had a hard time...

deakymom Sat 15-Feb-14 22:17:39

be vague next time if he considers it moaning to tell the truth i cant wait to see what he is like with a teenager smile

cerealqueen Sat 15-Feb-14 22:39:38

Sounds like he has never had him on his own - when he has he'll change his tune.
Its early days, YANBU.

TalkieToaster Sat 15-Feb-14 22:42:27

Ah. The classic thing of one person, usually the woman, wanting to have a chat to 'de-brief' and the other, usually a man, thinking that they need to 'fix' the problem or that they're being criticised when really, all the first person wants is to be listened to and sympathised with.

EverythingCounts Sat 15-Feb-14 22:44:02

Make sure your partner gets his share of looking after your DS single handed. And store up 'There's no point moaning, some days are just difficult', to be liberally used when he has any venting or complaining moments (as we all do). YANBU.

cookiemonster5678 Sat 15-Feb-14 22:44:24

You are right about never having him alone...

Currently enjoying a brew while he cleans up a dirty nappy, and then a big wee all over the changing mat with no nappy on. Which has resulted in a full change of clothes.

high five to DS grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now