Talk

Advanced search

Frenulum - smiley piercing in 14DD

(63 Posts)
carolinecupcake Sat 15-Feb-14 17:08:33

Just found out from third person that DD had smiley piercing done 2 months ago! I was really shocked because I had told her how much I hate facial piercings. I let her keep it in hoping that she'll eventually get bored of it and remove it.She wears a really small one for school that doesn't show. I'm still in shock that she did it behind my back and my main worry is hygiene and the damage it could cause to her teeth. DH doesn't know and would go mad if he found out.Anyone else had a similar experience?

LovelyJubblies Sat 15-Feb-14 17:12:04

Whats a smiley piercing? !

Nomama Sat 15-Feb-14 17:13:25

DD?

Oh dear. Sorry, but frenulum to me is part of the penis. I know, there are frenula all of the body.... but that did make me do double take.

How old is she? If she is underage I'd go and scare the twonk who pierced it for her.

mumblechum1 Sat 15-Feb-14 17:14:21

tattoo.about.com/od/bodypiercingforbeginners/g/pguide_smiley.htm

Googled it. Looks bloody painful.

Nomama Sat 15-Feb-14 17:14:21

Ah 14.... go find the idiot and scare the crap out of them... dentist bills, cracked teath, under age , assault etc etc

well, it's done now - you could talk to her about your concerns re hygiene and damage to teeth and she can then decide whether or not to keep it.

Nomama Sat 15-Feb-14 17:14:34

teeth

fer gossake!

LaurieFairyCake Sat 15-Feb-14 17:16:47

There's no underage where this is concerned

Dd is (very unfortunately) getting hers done at Easter.

I hate them but there's nothing I can do, not my mouth.

LovelyJubblies Sat 15-Feb-14 17:18:00

Thanks for the link Mumble.
I would go ape shit if my 14 ds (havent got any dd) had one done.
Id stand over him until he took it out.
I'd hunt down the piercer and report them...im assuming its illegal to pierce a kid that age.

LaurieFairyCake Sat 15-Feb-14 17:19:11

Nope. Not illegal.

sonlypuppyfat Sat 15-Feb-14 17:20:55

What do you mean there's nothing you can do? A child under my roof wouldn't get one done.

Nomama Sat 15-Feb-14 17:21:59

REALLY!!!! I though it was like tatooing - 16 years old. I could have sworn that cheap junk jewellery shop got done for it! Maybe it was unhygenic rather than illegal!

Aaargh!

Lurleene Sat 15-Feb-14 17:22:08

My DD had a double tongue piercing in the summer. I absolutely hated it - I thought it looked awful and was worried she would get an infection or damage her teeth. Of course the more I complained about it, the more she claimed to love it!

By Christmas it was gone. She has to remove the studs for a day and by the evening couldn't get them back in. She then came to the conclusion that she had enjoyed having the piercings but the novelty had worn off. Luckily the mouth has an amazing capacity to heal quickly and you would never know her tongue once had holes in!

MostlyMama Sat 15-Feb-14 17:22:10

How about being a parent, and making her remove it. She is underage as it is and should not have had it done. As if you are actually letting her get away with it. Poor form.

thenightsky Sat 15-Feb-14 17:22:36

God that looks awful on that link. It must have been very painful.

LaurieFairyCake Sat 15-Feb-14 17:22:57

Why wouldn't they get one done confused

There are many things when you have teenagers that you don't have much control over.

WhileWeSleep Sat 15-Feb-14 17:24:30

I have had mine done for more than a year. Apart from an indent in my gums there has been no damage to my teeth. I took it out to go to the dentist and she didn't mention anything.

It doesn't swing about like a tongue piercing clacking on teeth. It just sits there.

It wasn't painful and healed very quickly due to it bein oral and also because there is not a lot of movement.

Lurleene Sat 15-Feb-14 17:24:49

* sorry, had to remove her studs for a day.

She was 17 btw

LaurieFairyCake Sat 15-Feb-14 17:25:40

The point is that there is no 'underage' in this case.

I think they're hideous but it's not my face. And frankly you pick your battles with teenagers - I'd rather dd had that hideous smiley thing than eyebrow or lip piercing which can produce hideous scars.

Same thing with the nose piercing - I agreed with her to have that rather than the belly button as she's a dancer and I was worried about it ripping and scarring.

mumblechum1 Sat 15-Feb-14 17:26:50

What is the point of having them if you can only see them if you pull your top lip right up? <<curious, not judging>>

brokenhearted55a Sat 15-Feb-14 17:27:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LaurieFairyCake Sat 15-Feb-14 17:30:46

It costs about a fiver.

You don't have teenagers do you .... wink

LaurieFairyCake Sat 15-Feb-14 17:31:45

There's no point mumble, it's just 'fashion'

Bloody pop stars and their piercings.

They don't hurt tbh....no worse then ear piercing...a small bar is probably better then a hoop-if he hoop has a ball like in the picture attached, but if you haven't noticed it then it's probably teeny!

Her teeth will be fine and if she is brushing her teeth twice a day and using mouthwash then it'll be clean

Brokenhearted, it costs all of about £10...if that!

It's hidden, you can't see it unless it's a big hoop so if it's a small hoop or bar I don't see the issues...pick and choose battles in life and this ain't worth it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now