Talk

Advanced search

To think that exes have the unnerving ability to contact you just when things are going very right or very wrong?

(9 Posts)
sebsmummy1 Sat 15-Feb-14 15:27:10

Or does it just feel like that?

brokenhearted55a Sat 15-Feb-14 15:51:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Sat 15-Feb-14 16:06:23

No, it just feels like that. Those things are going right or wrong all the time. When your ex contacts you, they're thrown into sharp relief.

Exes have no 'woo' power, FACT.

Misspixietrix Sat 15-Feb-14 16:48:42

YNBU. Mine manages it with extreme precision.

sebsmummy1 Sat 15-Feb-14 17:05:39

It just makes me laugh as he really does have the ability to pop up each time with unnerving accuracy. Fortunately there is nothing wrong with my relationship so it's not as though he is going to swoop in and mess anything up.

But I've recently lost a much wanted pregnancy and am licking my wounds feeling rather low. Log into Facebook to be confronted with his face (he is not a friend on there and cannot access my info) and a breezy message wanting to
know how I am ( it's been 13 months since he last asked).

I know it doesn't matter but I am so sick of pretending I am ok to people when I am not. So once again I shall have to write some breezy fucking message in return saying how fine I am and he will no doubt tell me how great he is and probably that he has knocked someone up and she will be having his child within months and I will have to pretend I am delighted to hear this news etc.

Alternatively I ignore the message and seem rude when we broke up on good terms albeit I don't really expect to hear from him ever.

Fucker.

katese11 Sat 15-Feb-14 17:16:14

I think it's OK to ignore. Then next time he gets in contact say something breezy like "whoops, did I not reply? Sorry!"

Sorry for your loss sadthanks

katese11 Sat 15-Feb-14 17:20:20

Or...ignore and then post a public fbook status along the lines of "my crazy phone keeps deleting messages before I've read them! Sorry if I've not got back to anyone on here...Feel free to give me a call instead"

(Assuming he wouldn't be the type to call...)

bochead Sat 15-Feb-14 22:03:20

YABU

I've thought for years that mine must be psychic. His son suspects the same thing too!

sebsmummy1 Sat 15-Feb-14 23:07:51

Ok I replied and kept it pretty factual. There was an element of flirting in his message that I have chosen to ignore. I'm sure u should be flattered that he still thinks of me but instead it just feel sad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now