Talk

Advanced search

To think that sometimes "nothing" is better?

(23 Posts)
Toizzy Fri 14-Feb-14 17:50:15

Dp made me some toast, spread some rillettes on it and gave it to me as valentine's gift. hmm

foslady Fri 14-Feb-14 17:51:38

You have someone who loves you.

Be glad

CoffeeTea103 Fri 14-Feb-14 17:57:52

Wow what a cheapskate. Guess you don't have much to look forward to.

puntasticusername Fri 14-Feb-14 18:04:09

Spread some what on it?

harticus Fri 14-Feb-14 18:05:24

meat paste grin

Nomama Fri 14-Feb-14 18:06:36

Mine has just handed over his emergency Christmas present - the one he bought just in case he couldn't find something I might like.....

No, wait..... It's the Tom Waits album Blue Valentine, so sort of appropriate and he did keep it hidden for all that time smile

WooWooOwl Fri 14-Feb-14 18:07:48

YANBU. Nothing is better than meat paste.

nosleeptillbedtime Fri 14-Feb-14 18:07:54

My husband got me a £3.50 (ugly) potted plant fron a shop around the corner for my 40th birthday. No toast in bed either. And he's not poor.

BiscuitMillionaire Fri 14-Feb-14 18:10:00

Potted plant? Blimey, that's what you give your MIL, if you don't much like her.

hickorychicken Fri 14-Feb-14 18:13:07

I hate it, its crap that people feel pressured into buying.
I got nothing, he got nothing. We are both happy.
My best friend is going to a lovely hotel with her dp and im a bit jealous of that but not because of the date, because i love sneaky nighrs away grin
I love my dp so so much i dont feel the need to buy him something to show him this as i show him all year around and vice verse (sp). p

hickorychicken Fri 14-Feb-14 18:14:32

shock I sound very defensive grin
Was that an alternitive to pate maybe? grin

whiteblossom Fri 14-Feb-14 18:15:34

Id rather have nothing than garage flowers, they are just an insult. I'd rather he said Im sorry I didn't have time/forgot. That I'd understand, but to imply that Im only worthy of half dead/naff flowers. No thanks.

frogslegs35 Fri 14-Feb-14 18:15:42

YANBU - LTB smile

Seriously, it's the thought that counts, isn't it?

whitwoo89 Fri 14-Feb-14 18:17:53

I got absolutely nothing today. Quite upset about it as we really made an effort last year.

Flibbertyjibbet Fri 14-Feb-14 18:43:00

I got nothing. But then I get a lovely man coming home in an hour or so, knackered after a week's heavy manual work.

My ex remembered valentines day and would make a major fuss, sending flowers to my work etc so all the other women there would be 'jealous'. He treated me like shit the other 364 days of the year and when I complained he'd say 'I got you flowers on valentines day didn't I?'

So all in all I'd rather have nothing from a good man than a big empty gesture from a twat.

(I do realise that some people won't be able to equate 'good man' with a man who forgets to pick up an overpriced card and some garage flowers on the way home from a hard days work, not to mention that he would have to leave his van unattended outside the shop/garage and risk having all his tools pinched....)

hickorychicken Fri 14-Feb-14 18:48:42

Spot on Flibberty grin
Theres actually a girl on my fb (yep, shoot me now) whos oh is just a prick all the time, actually he is a cock lodger, but today she put up about how lovely he has been and pics of her gifts etc... who you kidding love?

puntasticusername Fri 14-Feb-14 19:04:44

Meat paste? Ohhhhh.

YANBU.

Now crab paste, on the other hand...

Melon2312 Fri 14-Feb-14 20:08:06

Mmm, I love rillettes, I'd be dead chuffed with that! I think calling it meat paste is a bit of an injustice wink

Benchmark Fri 14-Feb-14 20:13:33

I got a wispa bar. Tasted delicious!

BringMeTea Fri 14-Feb-14 20:14:12

I am reminded of a Kathy Burke and Harry Enfield joke.

Look, that menu says meat pate. Ha ha.

Yeah, knobheads, They missed the 's' out.

Sorry. Missing the point. Yes, very disrespectful and unkind. Mostly unkind.

potatofactory Fri 14-Feb-14 20:18:03

My DH's flight has been cancelled from Germany (the weather) so now I won't see him at all! Mind you, if he gave me meat paste, I'd be packing him straight back to the airport anyway wink

DoJo Fri 14-Feb-14 20:26:21

It depends - is that your favourite snack?

hickorychicken Fri 14-Feb-14 20:37:28

Is that anyones favourite snack?! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now