Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to have DDs party on Mothers' Day?

(12 Posts)
Joolsy Fri 14-Feb-14 14:47:41

It would all be finished by about 1pm. Would you take your LO's to a party arranged for then?

Steben Fri 14-Feb-14 14:50:51

There was another thread on this last week I think and responses were mixed - I personally would go if invited.

Ifcatshadthumbs Fri 14-Feb-14 14:52:09

I would go and have also held a party on Mother's Day. Everyone came

TeamHank Fri 14-Feb-14 14:53:04

I'm having DS's party on Father's Day! Did last year too - only one parent said they couldn't bring their child cos it was a family day.

Pootles2010 Fri 14-Feb-14 14:53:54

I wouldn't be able to go as i'd be shot by mil/dm/both. Depends on your dd's friends parents i guess - maybe test the water first?

ForgettableTampon Fri 14-Feb-14 14:54:32

I would say chose another day

If the party is to finish at 1 then it would start at about 11am; work back from that - not much of a lie in for the mamas (hah chance would be a fine thing, non?)

ofc up to you but don't be disappointed if you get a sheaf of Noes

NotNewButNameChanged Fri 14-Feb-14 14:54:32

No, YANBU.

You would be unreasonable if you bitched later that you were disappointed in the turnout should many people decline to come because it was Mothers' Day.

ShadowOfTheDay Fri 14-Feb-14 14:56:41

we would not go - need to travel to MIL for Sunday lunch - it is a Sunday - and Mother's day to boot...

not unreasonable, but would p off some and have some not attending..

ShoeWhore Fri 14-Feb-14 15:00:49

Hmm yes I think YABU. It's a family day for us and so I would decline unless your dc was a very close friend of mine and then I'd be torn and feel put out.

jacks365 Fri 14-Feb-14 15:01:54

We couldn't attend as we travel to grandparents for the weekend and have a big family get together.

flowery Fri 14-Feb-14 15:02:58

I wouldn't deny the DC the opportunity of attending a party because it was Mothers' Day. But then any plans we may have for Mothers' Day would be moveable, as they wouldn't involve any grandmothers or anything. Some people do big family lunches etc which wouldn't be flexible in the same way.

I think if you can do another day, do another day.

Joolsy Fri 14-Feb-14 15:08:38

Thanks all, will try to arrange a different day - our original date has been heartlessly stolen by another classmate ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now