Talk

Advanced search

To be pissed off that I am not drowning in chocolates and flowers and an announcement declaring me Supreme Most Gorgeous Princess of the World hasn't been taken out in at least THREE national papers?

(24 Posts)
HoneyDragon Fri 14-Feb-14 10:17:15

Seriously. What the fuck has the world come to?

Do people not know it is Valentines day?

Where is my worship. Why are the hordes not adorning me in tacky shite?

<<outraged>>

Morgause Fri 14-Feb-14 10:19:08

<smug>

I'm being worshipped and am surrounded by flowers and chocs.

<DH has a lot to make up for this week>

mawbroon Fri 14-Feb-14 10:19:57

YANBU wink

Our postman is late.

I reckon it's because he's struggling to carry the mountains of cards that are coming my way grin

Triliteral Fri 14-Feb-14 10:20:46

YABU. It would take far too long to melt enough chocolate to drown in, and even then it would be an incredible waste if it was thereafter inedible due to all the roses immersed in it.

Sparklingbrook Fri 14-Feb-14 10:21:41

Chocolates are fattening, and I would feel sorry for the Interflora delivery person battling through the floods, gales and rain to deliver the overpriced flowers anyway.

YABU

MsVestibule Fri 14-Feb-14 10:22:05

On Valentines Day 2005, my grandma died, I had a stinking cold and was unhappily single but had just started online dating. I spent most of the evening sobbing at the "50 Greatest Romantic Movies" or some such shite.

Nine years later, I'm happily married (to an online date!) with two children. And guess what?

STILL NO BLOODY VALENTINES DAY CARD!!!!

HoneyDragon Fri 14-Feb-14 10:23:52

But but but Facebook and the telly say I should be.

I DEMAND half dead flowers and overpriced chocolate.

Showy Fri 14-Feb-14 10:24:48

Dd made me breakfast in bed with heart shaped crumpets and lukewarm tea. Who needs adoring men?

RufusTheReindeer Fri 14-Feb-14 10:24:59

Which papers have you looked in honey?

It's in mine, double page spread and boy are you looking good

Sparklingbrook Fri 14-Feb-14 10:28:01

For you Honey. x

greenhill Fri 14-Feb-14 10:31:00

flowers and brew and cake for you.

I was given 33 pence worth of daffodils from Tesco last week <smug> They're dead now. It's the lack of thought that counts smile

Mia4 Fri 14-Feb-14 10:31:05

Worship yourself. It's much more fun and you'll never be disappointed :-)

Sparklingbrook Fri 14-Feb-14 10:32:37

Ooh and here's some fizz' for you. x

Stockhausen Fri 14-Feb-14 10:35:41

Dh left for work, without mentioning anything. So his card is still unwritten in the bag. Unless he brings something home, it'll stay there until next year.

So yes... v-day drought here too.

Fucker.

froubylou Fri 14-Feb-14 10:43:52

I have a new man in my life this year.

I'm very lucky.

So far this morning he has wee'd on me. Shit on his new clothes. And been sick down my leg. Oh and made my nipples sore.

Lovely. But he is a 9 week old baby so I'll let him off. His df is on shitlist though. Buy yourself some flowers and a vase is not an acceptable amount of worship.

Fucker.

cory Fri 14-Feb-14 11:22:08

dh and I have just worshipped each other by exhanging (pretty identical) bottles of red wine and boxes of Thornton's chocolates

each smug in the assurance that our idea was evidently thought of as a good present by the recipient

root2 Fri 14-Feb-14 12:05:09

Delicately places a kiss on the toes of supreme goddess Honeydragon.

(root2; aka that dashingly good looking, witty and intelligent bloke over there. Who occasionally does a quick name change)

headlesslambrini Fri 14-Feb-14 12:16:49

Oh did they not tell you! They've swapped their adoring love to me.

<wanders how i'm going to get out of the room with all these roses>

Ouch, fucking thorns

sashh Fri 14-Feb-14 12:19:45

It's the worst day of the year for me.

Woken up by a knock on the door because the normal postman can't deliver 50 sackfulls so they have to send a truck.

And will they take them away? Nope, apparently it is a legal obligation to deliver them.

HoneyDragon Fri 14-Feb-14 12:43:52

grin I'm glad you are all taking this outrage with the gravitas it deserves.

I went to the shops, they are still full to brim with flowers that cost a ridiculous amount. So clearly those that adore me just haven't purchased them all yet.

mawbroon Fri 14-Feb-14 15:42:37

Oh sorry, I have to leave this thread. shock

I just got a Valentine's card.

It says To Mummy and Daddy from DS2

grin

root2 Fri 14-Feb-14 18:04:39

Oi! There's a dashingly good looking bloke, (etc,) kissing your toes here!

Some acknowledgment pleeese!

HoneyDragon Fri 14-Feb-14 19:57:20

Sorry Root, you dashing fella you.

Thank you kindly.

thanks

You are doing it in a genuflecty sort of way aren't you? Rather than a weirdy fetishy way? <<narrows eyes>>

giraffesCantMakeResolutions Sat 15-Feb-14 02:57:13

YANBU

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now