Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To ask if you didn't get anything for Valentines?

(172 Posts)
Valdeeves Fri 14-Feb-14 08:45:42

Make me feel better that I'm not the only one - hubby doesn't do romance these days.

AfricanExport Fri 14-Feb-14 08:47:39

Lol. Didn't expect anything. Didn't get anything . Wasn't disappointed smile

It's a hallmark occasion to take our money. No thanks.

foofooyeah Fri 14-Feb-14 08:48:55

Nope, we don't do valentines day. Not a probem

MrsGoslingWannabe Fri 14-Feb-14 08:49:21

Of course I didn't! Its all a load of shite. Just makes DP & I feel even crapper about our sorry relationship.

Dededum Fri 14-Feb-14 08:49:44

Not me, but hate all that goey stuff -yech. DH made me and the boys dinner last night while I verged in the front room. Lovely.

Foxsticks Fri 14-Feb-14 08:51:07

I didn't, we normally do cards and a small present but we have no spare money at all this month. I'm more worried about running out of Chocolate Fingers before payday than I am about V day though!

canyou Fri 14-Feb-14 08:52:50

my DP is away with the Military I got told to go out and buy myself a card for today hmm
He got a parcel posted 3 weeks ago of goodies and treats and a teddy bear. Lucky for him perfect me loves him and is willing to forgive him grin

We don't do it, we celebrate our wedding anniversary later in the year instead.
It's not too bad as there's a couple of birthdays this weekend so lots of cake and nice food, just no romance element. grin

Valdeeves Fri 14-Feb-14 08:53:41

I know - its not such a big deal to be fair and I'm not that fussed. We've got so much on there's just not enough time to really think about it x

Hazelbrowneyes Fri 14-Feb-14 08:54:31

Nope!

Walked into work and saw a huge bouquet of flowers. I turned to DH and said "I take it X (employee) has bought these for his fiancee?"

I was right grin

We're going out for a meal later with 6 friends and only because we liked the menu.

We gave up on Valentine's Day a lonnnnng time ago.

Sparklingbrook Fri 14-Feb-14 08:56:56

DH and I don't acknowledge the day at all. He knows I love him to bits. He is going out for a pint and a curry with his mates tonight-a leaving do. grin

Freddiefrog Fri 14-Feb-14 08:57:24

No, I didn't get anything, but then we never really do valentine's day.

It would be nice if he surprised me with a bunch of flowers or something, but that's never going to happen

WaffilyVersatile Fri 14-Feb-14 08:58:24

Nope. we never bother with it.

makingdoo Fri 14-Feb-14 08:59:39

Nope. Normally get a card later in the day because I always give him one in the morning.

I did get coffee and toast in bed so alls not lost!

Samu2 Fri 14-Feb-14 09:03:47

Well we usually do but this year we said we weren't doing gifts or cards.

We are going to have a Marks and Spencers dine in for two meal and then watch a horror movie instead.

We usually get presents but then don't actually spend much time together but as the bigger children will be out tonight we changed it around.

Sleepthief Fri 14-Feb-14 09:05:32

I always felt vaguely embarrassed on the rare occasions DH and I went out for a meal for Valentine's Day - the ultimate PDA hmm

We were both very relieved when DS3 arrived on 14th February three years ago. Now it's all about the superheroes and over-excited sugared-up kids. And one of these years we'll be squeezing our six-strong family of noisy boys in between the lovers at our local Pizza Express, batman cake and all grin

Anydrinkwilldo Fri 14-Feb-14 09:05:51

No getting settled in with 3w/o ds we didn't even realise it was today-whoops!

worldgonecrazy Fri 14-Feb-14 09:06:14

DH and I pick each other a Valentine's Card, show it to the other person, then put it back on the rack for another mug person to buy. That way we get the sentiment without the cost.

HungryHorace Fri 14-Feb-14 09:07:58

We are doing nothing to celebrate it.

We've sometimes cooked a special dinner and swapped cards, but we aren't bothering this year. Can't say I'm that bothered by it! :-)

chanie44 Fri 14-Feb-14 09:08:52

Nothing here, but then we both agreed not to bother. It's my DNs birthday today, so going forward Vday will be about him.

sillymillyb Fri 14-Feb-14 09:09:05

I'm single so no loved one in my life. My best mates just sent me a text telling me he loves me and hopes I have a great day though grin

nocheeseplease Fri 14-Feb-14 09:10:35

Nope, no presents or cards here either. We never do Valentine's Day it's a complete waste of money. Tonight will be the usual routine of helping kids with homework, tea, showers and bed for kids, soaps and a brew sat on the couch then bed for me. No romance whatsoever, just the way I like it!

ChablisLover Fri 14-Feb-14 09:14:14

nope

Only a card here for DH - and thats a token as he views valentines day as a money making scheme for retailers

and a lovely homemade card from DS which is lovely and he made it himself and i love it - means more to me that all the roses etc in the world

KiwiBanana Fri 14-Feb-14 09:14:26

To be honest we both totally forgot this year. I wrote DPs out on the back of an envelope and he ran out "to get some petrol" and came back with some nice biscuits.

There's so many other occasions to show someone you love them, valentines just doesn't have anything personal about it. It is a bit sad to not get anything if you were expecting something so I can't blame you for being a bit sad about it. If he is otherwise a good partner though just try and focus on that. flowers

MrsMangoBiscuit Fri 14-Feb-14 09:14:44

Happy Commercial Love Day!
Nothing here, not bothered in the slightest, total waste of money. I'd much rather DH made me a cup of tea and did the washing up while I got to sit down and drink my tea. That would be my ideal gift. Might text him and tell him that actually, he might remember, and I might get a cuppa.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now